Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Rip that sucker out!!

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:35 PM
  • 106 Replies
So for those of you who remember, I've had strange pain "attacks" that would last an entire day for the last year, and no pain meds would touch it. Last attack lasted 2 days, they tested and my liver enzymes were extremely high.
They're sure it's my gallbladder and so am I, so I'm meeting with a surgeon on Monday and we're gonna rip this useless thing out!! So excited!!

I know my diet will have to change after this and I'll have to lose weight, I'm prepared to make big changes. Anyone else have their gallbladder taken out?!
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Evansmommy1130
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:38 PM
I had mine removed a year and a half ago, I was glad to be rid of it.
EmmaGlenn20
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Good stuff, did you feel a lot better? No more attacks? Did you find your diet had to change or did you just go back to normal?

Quoting Evansmommy1130:

Redwoods_Mama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:40 PM

I have not, but will before I get pregnant again.  I had horrible attacks after my DS was born, and this pregnancy with DD has had me curled in the bathtub drinking flaxseed tea (it helps the pain but is OMG disgusting) and crying more than once. 

I have found that if you can puke, it ends the attack. 

Gallstones are bastards.

Evansmommy1130
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:41 PM
I feel a lot better, the only things I avoid is fatty foods and ice cream because they upset my stomach.

Quoting EmmaGlenn20:

Good stuff, did you feel a lot better? No more attacks? Did you find your diet had to change or did you just go back to normal?

Quoting Evansmommy1130:

Burnz
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:41 PM
I had mine taken out 8 years ago. Never had problems. Never had to change my diet.
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmmaGlenn20
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Wow I'm so sorry :( I was so nauseous but never puked. Have you tried a big glass of pure apple juice with some apple cider vinegar mixed in?

Quoting Redwoods_Mama:

I have not, but will before I get pregnant again.  I had horrible attacks after my DS was born, and this pregnancy with DD has had me curled in the bathtub drinking flaxseed tea (it helps the pain but is OMG disgusting) and crying more than once. 

I have found that if you can puke, it ends the attack. 

Gallstones are bastards.

Mummy2Connor
by Karissa on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this
My Mom had hers removed a few years ago. She found out that if she ate anything greasy her stomach would really hurt. Since she has stayed away from those foods, she's been great!
Derpy
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:44 PM

I got mine taken out at 19,but woke up severly sick and puked for three days while hospitalized,all this AFTER surgery.Ugh.
Not good memories.
Best of luck to you. 

Far from normal.

Always am,Always will be.

randomosityblog
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:45 PM

I had my gallbladder removed in 2005 but never had to change my diet, oddly enough.

EmmaGlenn20
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Lucky! Thank you!

Quoting Burnz:

I had mine taken out 8 years ago. Never had problems. Never had to change my diet.

Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)