Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I've Been Engaged 6 Times, Married 3 Times, And I'm Turning 26 This Year...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
What do you think about a guy who has been engaged 6 times, married 3 times and is barely turning 26?

I'm talking about my ex husband. I was his 1st Wife (stupid mistake but I was only 19 and dumb as hell lol). Our marriage didn't make it a year. Found out he was engaged twice before me to high school gfs (was not the reason for our divorce). After me, he got engaged 3 more times and only married 2 of those girls.

We were talking about it yesterday and he says he feels like his 3rd marriage is failing. I asked him "are you going to be one of those guys who gets married like 10 times in their lifetime?" And he says "probably" and laughs.

So your thoughts?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jacsmama022
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:38 PM
I think he jumps too quickly into things.
Snakecharm
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Ross from friends. Lol.

This guy needs to stop asking every girl he dates to marry him.
findingserenity
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:39 PM
i dont know how people can keep getting married and divorced. serial marriage?
4Poodle
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Does he have a personality disorder?

You didn't explain him much, so I'm not trying to imply, but my DD's dad has BPD and - outside of ever getting married - is like that. A lot of personality disorders come w/ volatile, dysfunctional relationships.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:46 PM
not that I know of. His dad does though. Could that be something? My ex is a compulsive liar as well.

Quoting 4Poodle:

You didn't explain him much, so I'm not trying to imply, but my DD's dad has BPD and - outside of ever getting married - is like that. A lot of personality disorders come w/ volatile, dysfunctional relationships.

katemckenzie
by Kate on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Is he really insecure? Insecure people tend to fall in love too fast.

anotherhalf
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:51 PM

I think he has poor decision making skills.

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Total loser incapable of commitment
4Poodle
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Well, I don't know much about personality disorders outside of BPD, and what I know there is only what I've experienced. And, I'm probably paranoid about these things b/c of my LO's dad.  

Sadly the only way to really find out is if he goes to a psychiatrist that can evaluate and diagnose him, and men in general aren't apt to do that on their own. Hopefully he doesn't, and is just having shitty luck. And, hopefully he stays single for awhile. I think there's something to learn about yourself when you have to spend a good chunk of time alone and lonely, and that in turn makes for better, longer lasting relationships.

Quoting Anonymous:

not that I know of. His dad does though. Could that be something? My ex is a compulsive liar as well.

Quoting 4Poodle:

Benjamins-mama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:59 PM

i think of Ross from friends lol 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)