Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Infants in a movie theater

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies
We are waiting for despicable me 2 to start and the people a couple rows behind us have an infant and a toddler and they are both screaming and crying. Hopefully it doesn't continue when the movie starts. But how fo you feel about kids this age in the theater. Does the crying bother you. Do you just ignore it.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:42 PM

If it conti use for more than2-3 minutes straight during the movie, I would go get an usher. 

Redwoods_Mama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:43 PM
2 moms liked this

Infants don't bother me.  Mine just nursed and slept.

I imagine they'll settle soon, lol.  You're in a kids movie before it even starts, what did you expect?  Toddlers fuss until it starts, then they're generally all O.O or mama gives up and takes them home. 

twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Infants are a no go for me.
Some people don't understand common courtesy though.
lovelife350
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:44 PM

I think in a kids movie it is probably expected for louds kids but i hate when parents bring infants to R rated movies or when they bring babies to movies for older viewers after 7

that being said i don't bring my 9 month old to the movies

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:44 PM
I took my son when he was 9 months old to see Cars. He loved it and still to this day it is his favorite. We went and saw Despicable Me Friday and there were a few babies and toddlers, they didn't bother me.
Benjamins-mama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:45 PM

i brought my oldest to a movie when he was a newborn.  he slept the entire time.  had he been fussy I would have left.  i wouldn't keep a crying baby in the theater

anotherhalf
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Bothers me.  Movie theaters are soooo loud I wouldn't subject my infant to that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Drives me nuts. I'd never bring a baby to the movies- it's too loud.
kissesxoxo8882
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:46 PM

I wanted to take my boys (5&6) to see dm2 but I also have a 1 month old so we will just have to wait until it is on dvd. I don't want to ruin it for the rest watching the movie.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:47 PM
I figure the kids will settle once it starts. It isn't really bothering me especially right now. Just wish the movie would start. It is 30 minutes late.

Quoting Redwoods_Mama:

Infants don't bother me.  Mine just nursed and slept.

I imagine they'll settle soon, lol.  You're in a kids movie before it even starts, what did you expect?  Toddlers fuss until it starts, then they're generally all O.O or mama gives up and takes them home. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)