Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My son ruined all his school clothes

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
Well, not all of them, but I have been going through his clothes from last year, picking out what still fits and what needs to go, and so far I have thrown out 3 pairs of pants and reassigned 2 as play clothes.
He sits in the dirt (or mud) at school during recess. When he isn't doing that, he hangs out in the sandbox. Despite all my efforts, the stains are there to stay.
So, I have to get him about 5-6 pairs of new school pants. Thank goodness all his school clothes came from the thrift store because if I'd paid $15+/pair of pants, I'd be REALLY irritated. LOL
Are your kids hard on their school clothes? I'm just amazed at how much harder he is on school clothes than play clothes. But part of the problem is he has to wear khaki style or dress pants to school (no denim or athletic styles) and many of his pants were light in color.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TCup18
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 6:19 PM
You should see the one pair of pants my son had from school. Some how while at school he split the hem of the pants and the actual material. You know like how jeans split in the knees but on shorts.

Plus random stains and holes. This year it's all new clothes. Lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2013 at 6:20 PM
Oh yeah, I totally forgot the ripped pair that met the garbage in the middle of the year. LOL. He came home with a HUGE rip in his knee.

Quoting TCup18:

You should see the one pair of pants my son had from school. Some how while at school he split the hem of the pants and the actual material. You know like how jeans split in the knees but on shorts.

Kellileanne
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 6:23 PM
I just end up cutting her jeans off to be shorts because she goes right through the knees.
TCup18
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Lol it's amazing how much they can ruin clothes just going to school.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh yeah, I totally forgot the ripped pair that met the garbage in the middle of the year. LOL. He came home with a HUGE rip in his knee.

Quoting TCup18:

Redwoods_Mama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Kids are so hard on clothes.

OxyClean has removed quite a few of my kid's ground-in dirt stains.  Takes a few washes but ehh.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 14, 2013 at 6:28 PM

This is why I use TIDE on  everything. Only thing that saves their clothes without alot of trouble

t1gger143
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 6:28 PM
My ds ended up with holes on his butt under the pockets from going down the slide so much. Between him growing and holes I don't even want to think about how much money I've spent on pants this year.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2013 at 6:29 PM
I got them decent enough that he finished the school year in them but I won't make him start this year with them. It's back to the thrift store for "new" clothes. LOL

Quoting Redwoods_Mama:

Kids are so hard on clothes.

OxyClean has removed quite a few of my kid's ground-in dirt stains.  Takes a few washes but ehh.

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Jul. 14, 2013 at 6:29 PM

My DD is definitely hard on her clothes. That is why she only gets clothes from thrift stores, garage sales, or walmart. That and she is only 4 so the clothes she gets this year wont fit her next year.

whoodathunk
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Mine outgrow year to year...I give up worrying about stains!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)