Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do you buy your girls diamonds?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
People think I'm so weird because I buy my kids diamond and gold jewelry. I don't think it's weird lol.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FL2AK
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Not diamonds but she has other nice jewelry.
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Yes!

I only have one daughter, she loves jewelry.  She refers to her ring finger as her diamond finger, lol.  The girl knows!

babie113
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:10 PM

for my sd yes we do buy her gold/diamond jewelry but not very often for special occasions .

AlohaTink
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Um....no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
disneymom2two
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:12 PM

No.  I did buy my daughter a sterling silver claddagh ring and a jade bracelet (bracelet was bought when we were in China) but that's it.

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Hell no.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:13 PM

I hate gold.

Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:14 PM
No diamonds but my daughter does have gold earrings with emeralds in them, she is 3.
SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:17 PM

My twenty month old has a Swarovski crystal bracelet and a gold cross and chain......but others bought them for her.  When she gets older I will occasionally.  I remember getting gold hoops for Christmas at 12 and I got really cool diamond earrings for graduation from my parents.  I was old enough then to appreciate and take care of them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:19 PM
What is the point of diamond jewelry for a child? Any diamonds that would be small enough to look nice on a child would require some creativity to use in pieces as they grew. I would just stick with classic pearls or gold for a little girl. Personally I loved that my engagement ring was my first piece of diamond jewelry and picked for me by the person I treasure most in this world. I don't think my diamond pieces would be as significant to me if I was accustomed to diamond jewelry growing up. Quality diamonds are expensive for a child who is likely to break or lose jewelry.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN