Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Letter to George Zimmerman from Alex Fraser (do not read if you don't like controversy)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Dear George Zimmerman,

For the rest of your life you are now going to feel what its like to be a black man in America.

You will feel people stare at you. Judging you for what you think are unfair reasons. You will lose out on getting jobs for something you feel is outside of your control. You will believe yourself to be an upstanding citizen and wonder why people choose to not see that.

People...
will cross the street when they see you coming. They will call you hurtful names. It will drive you so insane some days that you'll want to scream at the top of your lungs. But you will have to wake up the next day, put on firm look and push through life.

I bet you never thought that by shooting a black male you'd end up inheriting all of his struggles.

Enjoy your "freedom."

Sincerely,

A black male who could've been Trayvon Martin
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:46 PM
Replies (191-199):
WhiteDenial
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Alas, White Americans are in denial of a lot of things. The notion that denial about racism is ever present can be almost instantly recognized if we just imagine switching the race of Zimmerman and Martin... I particularly love the way your people are rationalising the very thing that serves in your interest. Reading these comments i realise that whiteness is a dysfunction that cripples not only blacks and other people of color, but also devoids whites from the virtues of truth, knowledge, and true altruism for the sake of living in a euphroia created by them for them. The sickness of whiteness causes whites to live in extreme denial, severe paranoia, and addicted to happiness and superiority even at the cost of other people's humanity.

This post has resulted in my developing an allergy to cafemon and it overwrought, illogical and inflammatory prose and positions of his commenters. I'll be avoiding  future nonsense...as should others  Blacks and non whites who value their sanity

WhiteDenial
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Funny you feel no compulsion to make rational point. The irony in your comment.. Being a Afro latino... i am not surprise at your comment

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:43 PM
You made this about race once again who doesnt so sick of this bullshit hes innocent
WhiteDenial
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 6:22 PM

I am actually sorry I came on this site.. Any person of Afrikan descent,, Afro latinos, Afro caribbean, Afrikans, Afrikan Americans etc, Am as an Afro Cuban, dominican.. I ask that you save yourself from the insanity. and never visit this racist blog another. As usual you are being demonised by these whites. 

To whites,,, thanks once again for proving the point, whilst trying to make a point..

copasetic1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Please explain to me when and where I said that Zimmerman is a racist? Do you always think in simplistic stereotypes? You do not know what I believe, where I get my information, and who, if anyone, I follow. You appear to be saying that Trayvon was an imperfect person and that it was OK to kill him because of his past, which makes no sense whatsoever. Perhaps I am wrong. I pointed out that Trayvon also had many good qualities. Of course, if you want to kill someone for giving you some boo boos, feel free, but understand that, in most places, getting into a fight does not give you the right to use lethal force.

Quoting Anonymous:

And GZ mentored young, black kids--not something a racist would do, now is it?  But then again, if you believe the media and the race baiting that has been exhibited by so many high-profile people, you will believe that Trayvon was angel who could do no wrong. May I suggest chasing your koolaid with some strong vodka? 

eye rolling 

Quoting copasetic1:

Which is exactly what Trayvon did - stood up to the thug who was following him.

Surprised you would say that a kid who was on the honor roll and did tons of volunteer work was a punky thug.

Quoting Anonymous:

eye rolling

Seriously. It is time to give it up. Trayvon was not an innocent. He was a punky thug.

Zimmerman is not innocent, however, he is not guilty (as judged by 6 women) of murder.

But, OP, you are not an innocent individual. You are not perfect. You have done the wrong thing a time or two.

Neither am I innocent. But I guarantee you this. If I feel my life is threatened, I will fight as best as I can. If it mean shooting my attacker, you bet I will.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:11 AM
I think you are correct.
Quoting Anonymous:

Blacks get dirty looks and looked fown on because most of them are smoochers not because of their skin color ... If they could ease up on being potheads and actually work instead of living off the gov't than they would be looked at as actual human beings not leeches .. And that applies to MOST black ppl not ALL of them

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:16 AM
God made us born the color we are. You can make it what you want. If you want to take advantage of persecution you can. If you want to say "no, I will not access special treatment just to take advantage of my color" you can. I know many black people who have chosen the latter. They tell me they are not looked down on, but instead are treated like every one else who has chosen to make the most, the best, of how God made them.
KGreen75
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:17 AM

*yawn* im tired of all the poor me bullshit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Me too.
Quoting KGreen75:

*yawn* im tired of all the poor me bullshit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)