Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Toddler Vs Tooth Brush

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:14 PM
  • 8 Replies

My middle daughter is about to turn 2 and tonight we switched her to a big girl tooth brush. She loved it! I've never met a toddler who actually enjoys brushing her teeth and she even fusses when you take away the brush. Anyone else have a toddler who loves to brush their teeth?

by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:21 PM
My toddler turns two August first, he still just wants to suck on tooth brushes, it's a struggle when the actual brushing part begins.. Maybe it will change soon?
SilverOcean84
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:27 PM

At least he doesnt fight to put the brush into the mouth so I say its a great start

Quoting firespurity:

My toddler turns two August first, he still just wants to suck on tooth brushes, it's a struggle when the actual brushing part begins.. Maybe it will change soon?

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:27 PM

awww! my 18 month old daughter LOVES brushing her teeth lol! It's super cute!

AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:29 PM

my dd loves to brush her teeth, but it's a struggle with my ds. i let them brush at first, and then i have them fork the brush over so i can do it. that way, we both win.

Let the sisters take care of themselves, and make themselves beautiful, and if any of you are so superstitious and ignorant as to say that this is pride, I can say that you are not informed as to the pride which is sinful before the Lord. You are also ignorant as to the excellency of the heavens and the beauty which dwells in the society of the Gods. Were you to see an angel, you would see a beautiful and lovely creature. Make yourselves like angels in goodness and beauty. ~Brigham Young
SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Yep mine fusses unless he can do it himself. I brush his teeth and then let him do it for a few minutes. That way I know his teeth are getting clean and he gets some practice.

Mrs.Bryant1201
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Ds is 4. He has always loved to brush his teeth. If i let him, he would brush for hours.  We started brushing when his first teeth came in. Planning to start dd the same way! :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2013 at 10:33 PM

My daughter is 8 now but has always been obsessive about brushing her teeth (she comes by it honest I'm the same way) she brushes her teeth after every meal!

JamesMom714
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Our dentist said that was a great way to start! My DS did that for a year and now at 3 (today!) he does well at letting me brush his teeth.

Quoting firespurity:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)