Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

has anyone here cut their family out of their life permanantly

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 126 Replies
If you how old were you when you did and do you regret it?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonandon
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:36 PM
My husband cut his mother out (she was already pretty much out anyway). He was 34, and we definitely don't regret it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TeddiGrams
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:37 PM
My mother, her twin sister and her new husband. I was 15 and i do not regret it
mistressflora
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this

i have cut tons of people out, my mother, my sister, my 2 aunts, also cut out my husbands grand parents! do I regret it? no!  if my mom would be nice to me all the time then i would regret cutting her out but shes the only one, i cant stand family who make you feel shitty

MamaPeanut
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Yes. At 24
iwanabemomie
by Chunk on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Sadly enough, yes I have. My dad family is nuts and there is nothing but drama that surrounds them. I met them all 12 years ago but recently just said to hell with them. My dad can't solve shit because he's in prison. I just gave up on what I thought was family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

most of my family is cut off. my dad and sisters deleted and blocked me on facebook, so when i changed my number, i didn't give it to anyone. my dad was putting my kids in danger, and my sisters (one of whom is a mother!) took his side without even hearing what was going on, and cussed me out. anyone that would have leaked information to them was cut off - just on facebook, though. i hid my information, but they are still able to send messages. no one has reached out.

that was a year and a half ago. i have less drama, less guilt trips, less being called names. it's absolutely wonderful.

i did actually call my mom a few months ago, and we talked for quite a while. she respects my decisions, even if she doesn't agree with them. i send her a text every once in a while.

no regrets. well, only that i wish i had done it sooner.

Let the sisters take care of themselves, and make themselves beautiful, and if any of you are so superstitious and ignorant as to say that this is pride, I can say that you are not informed as to the pride which is sinful before the Lord. You are also ignorant as to the excellency of the heavens and the beauty which dwells in the society of the Gods. Were you to see an angel, you would see a beautiful and lovely creature. Make yourselves like angels in goodness and beauty. ~Brigham Young
iwanabemomie
by Chunk on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Oh and I'm 25 btw

Quoting iwanabemomie:

Sadly enough, yes I have. My dad family is nuts and there is nothing but drama that surrounds them. I met them all 12 years ago but recently just said to hell with them. My dad can't solve shit because he's in prison. I just gave up on what I thought was family.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Zombie.Girl.
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:45 PM

I was 23 at the time and I cut my parents out, no regrets.

soontobemommie3
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:49 PM
My birth father. I was 29. No, I do not regret it.
cateringtomel
by Anna_Elijah on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Yes we are in the process of that now. I'm 21 and it sucks.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)