Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is an engagement ring/wedding ring really that important to you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 568 Replies

My engagement ring and wedding ring was inexpensive, but nice.  My friend told me that if her boyfriend proposed and her ring was "cheap" like mine, she would refuse to marry him.  I am not getting married for the price of a ring (both rings together cost less than $500).  Would the ring a guy proposed with or gave you on your wedding day be your deciding factor on whether or not you would marry the person?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Well it is important to me but everyone is different. 

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:34 PM
33 moms liked this

No, but then I'm not a entitled brat. Although my rings aren't cheap, I would have still married him if he had shaped tinfoil and put it on my finger.

FL2AK
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:35 PM
2 moms liked this
Not at all. I am not a jewelry person really. Right now I just wear an infinity ring as my wedding band. I lost the main diamond on my anniversary ring and broke my original wedding band.
illinoismommy83
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:36 PM
21 moms liked this

I think having *A* ring as a status symbol to say "I'm married" is what matters. A $500 Walmart set doesn't make you less in love vs a $50,000 fancy set.

Anonandon
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't want a ring, I have one, but I rarely wear it.  It gets in the way.

ineedcoffeemom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:36 PM
6 moms liked this

NO. But I'm not most women. My husband and I don't even wear our rings. I mainly don't wear mine because I'm afraid of losing it. I don't wear any jewerly whatsoever so when I wear my ring, I'm constantly playing with it and taking it off and on.

My ring only cost like $200 and I thought that was too much. I feel like the more expensive the ring and the more expensive the wedding, the more likely a divorce is going to happen down the line. It's just starting to seem that way now.

lissadavis
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:36 PM

nope

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this

No not really. My husband got my rings from a pawn shop. He paid less than $200 for a set that probably cost $500 new.

anotherhalf
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:38 PM
16 moms liked this

I would care that he bought me a ring he could afford.  If he was wealthy and bought me a cheapo ring - no way.  Also, to me, no ring means no engagement.

Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:38 PM
1 mom liked this
No its the thought that counts. I would have married him either way yet he did a very good job.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)