Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't know why this annoys me.

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:01 AM
  • 12 Replies
But it does a lot. Sd9 came in the livingroom balling her eyes out last night. I felt soo bad I asked her what was wrong. She said I just got off the phone with bm (she called her on daddys phone while it was charging and he's in the shower) I said ok why r u crying. "Well bm's dog ran away because she was looking for me. She came back very sad when she realized I was too far away." I kissed her head and said its not ur fault honey the dog is fine. Her reply was "I need to hurry up and get through these next two weeks so I can go back and the dog won't run away again." I told her dogs just run away sometimes and reminder her that our dog runs away a lot too but she needs to enjoy summer school and next week we r going to a baseball game.
Seriously sd lives here most of the yr and does 2wks at each house during the summer. I know bm misses sd but why did she think this was a good idea to say all this to sd and get her upset. The poor kid cried in my arms until dh got out of the shower and then cried on him while I explained all of it to him.
I want to talk to him today about this. Personally I think it was rude of bm she didn't even need to tell sd the dog ran away after the dog already came home. Please tell me someone agrees with me!
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SyllabaryBisque
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:02 AM
2 moms liked this

I think it was awful of the BM to tell her 9-year-old daughter that and put all of that unnecessary guilt on her.

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Yes. there was no need for it. Maybe BM was trying to play at SD to get her to say she wanted to go back to her house.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Annoy. It is sad that her mother would say such a thing.

Snakecharm
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Wow, she is cleverly manipulative.
missmamaof4
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:05 AM

that mom should never have told her that!! That was just cruel

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Wow what a bitch thing to do. I would never do that to my ds
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Why did you add two letters to the word "annoy"?

Megan11587
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:09 AM
That is seriously messed up. Now what if the dog gets loose and God forbid gets hit by a car or something? That little girl is going to blame herself.
mamaBerg85
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:17 AM
That's what I was thinking. I'm going to see if her therapist will be into when I take dd to physical therapy this afternoon to talk to sd even for just a min. I just don't understand why anyone would tell a kid that and she knows that sd has anxiety issues. I don't know what dh is going to tell bm and I don't think at this point it will make a difference.

Quoting Megan11587:

That is seriously messed up. Now what if the dog gets loose and God forbid gets hit by a car or something? That little girl is going to blame herself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Did BM mean to upset her? I only ask because when DD is on visitation, her dog lays on her bed and howls at the door. We send pictures or show her on Skype, not to make her cry just because its the saddest most pathetic thing ever. I never thought someone else might think, I was trying to make her feel bad about not being here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)