Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you ever see my child acting up in public...

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:21 AM
  • 86 Replies
19 moms liked this

and no one is there to tell him to stop, please correct him.  Please let my child know what is not acceptable.  If I am not there to teach him or I am not saying something myself, please step in and intervene.  I expect my children to be kind and polite when in public and to obey social rules.  If they are not doing this, someone needs to step in and correct this situation.  Tell them they are being jerks.  Tell them that they are not going to get their way if they aren't polite. If they are hurting someone or stealing, step in and stop them. I don't care.  They need to hear it and I am not the only person in the world that they need to hear it from.  They need to know that there is a general intolerance of poor public behavior by society.

Does anyone else feel this way?

by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamaBerg85
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:23 AM
I do it I don't know about saying ur being a jerk but ill tell them they rbdoing wrong.
PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Yes, I do. 

ajdahd13
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Yes!! Please everyone, do the same FOR my children.
LOVEZOEY
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:24 AM

I agree. Also, sometimes it sinks in better with kids if someone besides their parents say it

Jessicamarquez
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Yess :)
emt088
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh yes. If my kid is doing wrong and I'm not there for whatever reason, you correct her, then drag her back to me so I can correct her too. I may be the child's parent, but sometimes it really does take a village to raise a child. No sense of "only my parents can rule me" attitude in this household
umm.yeah
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:26 AM

totally agree

Teeshann
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:27 AM
4 moms liked this
Absolutely. Ive had someone tell my child to listen to his mom when he was throwing a fit. I think it shocked him that someone else was scolding him and he calmed down and listened. I told her thank you.
gigis1
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Yes but I know some other people can be assholes. Specially the really old people.
SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Yes. Totally agree. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)