Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I will touch your kid...if I need to...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies

Another post remined me of this..

Last year as I was leaving the grocery store this little boy came barreling past me.  He was about two.  He was headed full speed for the parking lot which was quite busy.  Acting on instinct I grabbed him, picked him up, and carried him back to the parent.  She FREAKED on me and told me never to touch her kid again.  Ummm...  I will do it again if I ever see him running full steam for the parking lot.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:38 AM

bump

LizS84
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:39 AM
I think you did the right thing. You could've saved his life. She was likely reacting to the adrenaline and panic by lashing out at you.
alison35
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Why the hell wasn't she watching him to begin with? Smh. Some people.
Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:41 AM
3 moms liked this

I'd have thanked you if my toddler got away from me like that...

mdwifentraining
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:42 AM
2 moms liked this

My 4-year-old is a full on sprinter with no fear.  People have definitely blocked and picked up my kid when they saw I needed the help (I have another boy as well).  I am perfectly fine with someone saving my child from the parking lot.  

I think the only way I'd "freak" is if someone 1) hit my child or 2) yelled at my child.  Stopping my child is something completely different. 

SyllabaryBisque

I would have thanked you. She was a crazy bitch if she had a problem with that. Just saying...

areyouatroll
Maybe she was trying to get rid of him.
mdwifentraining
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I'm pretty sure it was one of those "she looked away for a split second" sort of things. 

Quoting alison35:

Why the hell wasn't she watching him to begin with? Smh. Some people.

birthymom4
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:44 AM
I would have thanked you, that is most certainly an appropriate time to touch someone's child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:45 AM

I would never ever hit a child....and as far as yelling...more like a "Hey Stop" if I saw them running...  But not out of anger or anything

Quoting mdwifentraining:

My 4-year-old is a full on sprinter with no fear.  People have definitely blocked and picked up my kid when they saw I needed the help (I have another boy as well).  I am perfectly fine with someone saving my child from the parking lot.  

I think the only way I'd "freak" is if someone 1) hit my child or 2) yelled at my child.  Stopping my child is something completely different. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN