Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Angry about God/Religion--Vent

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Amy
  • 149 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you believe in God(s) or an after life? (It doesn't matter what religion you are.)

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 151

View Results

I'm agnostic but I don't want to be. I want to believe in God it's just difficult for me to have faith with no physical evidence. If anything there is evidence to prove there isn't a God. 

I just lost one of my old friends. I never dealt with death in a good way but when I was religious it was a lot easier to deal with. I truly believed that person was in a better place and that they are still with us. Now that I'm agnostic having someone die sucks. Is that really it? Why are we here just to die? Why does everyone have to die? 

Anyways I'm sorry for my rant I'm honestly just pissed off. I'm pissed off that so many people die young. I'm pissed that we all will die at some point. I'm mad at the fact that there isn't an after life or a God and I'm mad at myself for not believing.  I wish I never started to educate myself on different religions and science and lost my faith. Even if I was incorrect with my beliefs before at least I had hope and faith for when we die.   

by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
x.Aim.x
by Amy on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Bump.

x.Aim.x
by Amy on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Bump.

LectioDivina
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I'm gnostic.

This life is a journey of discovery.

x.Aim.x
by Amy on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:51 AM

How long have you been agnostic for? I am having a hard time dealing with the loss of my friend now that I'm not religious. 

Quoting LectioDivina:

Yes, I'm gnostic.

LectioDivina
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:52 AM

In my belief, your soul is here for a very long time. Much longer than one lifetime.

The meaning of going through all the lives you will go through is to gain all the knowledge you need to get t to heaven.

redheadstar
by Ruby Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I believe in God with all of my mind, body and spirit, No life has not been peachy or rosey I will say that, I have gone thru my own trials and tribulation in life but that in no way gets in my way of my faith, it only makes my faith stronger.  I truly believe in Heaven and that our loved ones are there too.

eve210
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:52 AM
I like proof and science.
Believing in a god to me would be pretty ridiculous.

Also I am sorry about your friend
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LectioDivina
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:53 AM

No, I'm not agnostic , I'm gnostic.

agnostic = I don't know

Gnostic = I'm here to find out

Quoting x.Aim.x:

How long have you been agnostic for? I am having a hard time dealing with the loss of my friend now that I'm not religious. 

Quoting LectioDivina:

Yes, I'm gnostic.

x.Aim.x
by Amy on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:54 AM

That is my belief. I used to believe in God. I prayed every day and thought He was with me at all times. I then realized I'm talking to myself and that hasn't been an easy transition. Especially when someone dies. 

Quoting eve210:

I like proof and science.
Believing in a god to me would be pretty ridiculous.

Also I am sorry about your friend

notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Sorry for your loss.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)