Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do any of you ladies live in Georgia?

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:38 PM
  • 124 Replies

The deal is my ex is moving to Georgia in February-March, somewhere in that time frame. What can you ladies tell me about Georgia?  No detail is too small or too big.  I have never lived there, visited, nothing so EVERYTHING is appreciated.  His job is located in Macon?  Don't hate me if I spelled that wrong.

by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsMiles85
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:41 PM

I also need to know about racial tension.  Do not worry about offending anyone, just post anon, who cares.  I am white and my children are mixed.  I live in Indiana and we hear about the South not being the place for us.  Renting?  Schools?  Give it to me straight.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:41 PM
2 moms liked this
I wouldn't live in Macon if you paid me. The crime is insane, like the running joke around the surrounding areas is it should be news when something bad doesn't happen. There are some nice areas of course but for the most part the city as a whole isn't.
nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I lived there for a short time a few years ago. I lived there in the summer, and it was miserable. Temps in the upper 90's with humidity near 100%. I could hardly go outside...it was ridiculous.

As far as the lifestyle and crime and schooling and whatnot, I'm not much help. I only lived there for 3 months and it was on a military base.

MrsMiles85
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:44 PM

See, this is the stuff I need to know.  Thankyou!  Surrounding areas?  Any you would recommend over another? 

Quoting Anonymous:

I wouldn't live in Macon if you paid me. The crime is insane, like the running joke around the surrounding areas is it should be news when something bad doesn't happen. There are some nice areas of course but for the most part the city as a whole isn't.

MrsMiles85
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Bring all air conditioners, okay, got ya!  Thankyou!   

Quoting nerdymom28:

I lived there for a short time a few years ago. I lived there in the summer, and it was miserable. Temps in the upper 90's with humidity near 100%. I could hardly go outside...it was ridiculous.

As far as the lifestyle and crime and schooling and whatnot, I'm not much help. I only lived there for 3 months and it was on a military base.

OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I live further up north.  We drive through Macon to get to FL, that is the extent of my knowledge. 

Bump.

Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I live about an hour from Macon.

akmaldo
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:47 PM
2 moms liked this
Macon blows. Not a safe place. You need to live north of Atlanta. There are mixed families everywhere so don't worry about it.
MrsMiles85
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:48 PM

This is what I'm giving a lot of thought to.  Moving close but not actually in Macon. 

Quoting Abby.N.Amys.Mom:

I live about an hour from Macon.

Pink.Sunshine.
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:49 PM

no

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured