Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am Overwhelmed. I am a Hoarder. Please, No Bashing

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 100 Replies

Please Don't Bash Me. I already feel as low as I possibly could.

I'm new here. My house is a total disaster and I don't know what to do. I don't know how to organize things and I have no idea how I'm going to clean up my cluttered, small house. Even the garage is packed with stuff. My house is not filthy, but it is packed with tons of stuff-no junk, broken stuff, rotten food or anything like that, thank goodness...just way too much stuff is consuming my life and our home. I got so caught up with trying to take care of my kids and trying to keep up with everything that I just lost all control and my house is in total disarray.

me and the kids would go to garage sales and thrift stores just to get out of the house and I would buy stuff that we didn't even need.

I feel depressed living in this house and I know it is affecting my kids terribly too. I don't have anyone in my life right now that could help me through this and help me to get my house in order-I don't really want to talk about my husband and me right now....I'm just alone.  can't afford to hire help. I don't want anyone to come into my house  because I'm too embarrassed by the condition that it's in.

I could really use some support from all of you clean, organized mommies out there. Please send along some support, not bashing. I would really like someone to talk to. I wasn't always like this by the way. In fact, I grew up in a spotless home. Thanks for reading and hope to hear from some supportive mommies:)

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Pics 

mom2threebbz
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:20 PM
9 moms liked this

One box/bag at a time. Get a dumpster delivered and just start throwing stuff away. After youve made a dent then try to organize and area to put sale/give away items. Work on just one room at a time. Start with the kitchen, and dont move on until that room is done. Dont put anything into the kitchen from other rooms when you start to clean out. You can do it...just have faith in yourself!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Start small, just one thing at a time.  Start in one room and make your way through.  Have a garage sale.

HelenaHanbasket
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Have a yard sale and donate anything you don't sell to goodwill. Go through it one room at a time.
SyllabaryBisque
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Careful, this is not the group you want to post in for support. Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:22 PM

I can't. I don't have a camera or phone. I think I 'd be too embarrassed anyway. Sorry.

Quoting Anonymous:

Pics 

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:22 PM
I wouod pick a corner and grab some bags. Keep trash donate or sell. Do you have anyone who can help you ckean up?
Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Call a therapist that can help you.  And a professional organizer.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:23 PM
3 moms liked this
Check out flylady.com. It'll help you get started without feeling overwelmed and help you pick up great habits for the future.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Why not? I don't understand? Isn't this a group to confess?

Quoting SyllabaryBisque:

Careful, this is not the group you want to post in for support. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN