Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I feel guilty like I could have prevented it :,( *UPDATE*

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 4:40 PM
  • 8 Replies
My twin brother tried to commit suicide Saturday! He sped up and crashed his truck into a wall on purpose after calling and confronting my mother about molesting him. He is a recovering drug addict and she would keep trying to enable him. He came to my house to clean up and has been sober for 6months now. I wish I can go see him but he lives 500 miles away and I don't want my children to see him this way. Our grandfather is with him and is keeping me updated.

*7/26
My twin welded a wire around his neck, disabled the airbag, no seatbelt and drove 80miles/hr into a boulder the size of a garage door. I talked to him today and he said so that the wire would decapitate home, no chance of survival this way and no family would see him like that
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ajmfmommy
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 4:42 PM
He's on a 5250 hold for minimum of 72hrs right now
ajmfmommy
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 4:58 PM
I feel like I could have prevented it somehow. He went back home to help my grandpa Fix the house after my baby was born and he said he was coming back in a month. I called my mom after I found out about everything and she was bitching about how she would never hurt him or enable him.I asked about her offering both of us and giving him pot, oxicotin (*sp?), vicodin and alcohol since we were 11. She said it was because he was "hyper and needed to calm down, not to get him high". I have never done drugs and hate drinking so I'm a dumb cunt in my mom's eyes.
JessicaR7
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Your brother is going to need more help than what they can offer in 72 hours.  You can't blame yourself for not preventing his suicide attempt. It wasn't his time and I'm glad he was not successful in his attempt. He can't feel guilt or shame for what happened to him as a child and he needs to stop with the self-destructive behavior.  It's not fair what happened to him but now this is his life and he can turn it around and decide how he wants his life to be.  I really hope y'all are able to get him some treatment. It sounds like he needs some intensive residential treatment to deal with the sexual abuse and the drugs.

anotherhalf
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Quoting ajmfmommy:

I feel like I could have prevented it somehow. He went back home to help my grandpa Fix the house after my baby was born and he said he was coming back in a month. I called my mom after I found out about everything and she was bitching about how she would never hurt him or enable him.I asked about her offering both of us and giving him pot, oxicotin (*sp?), vicodin and alcohol since we were 11. She said it was because he was "hyper and needed to calm down, not to get him high". I have never done drugs and hate drinking so I'm a dumb cunt in my mom's eyes.

You logically must know that you have nothing to do with it.  What you're feeling might not be guilt but powerlessness.  I hope your brother recovers and cuts off your mother - she sounds toxic.

ajmfmommy
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:09 PM
I know he needs help and I'm glad he is finally getting it. I wish he would have got help earlier earlier before he did something so drastic.
ajmfmommy
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:45 PM
I wish I could go see him, hug him and tell him in person people do love him and would miss him. He doesn't think that he matters after his past
cjsix
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry. It's good that your grandpa is there with him. Your mom needs to be removed from his life at least until she understands what she has done if that ever happens. Let him know ALL the time that he is important and loved and needed.Part of him does know this but,doesn't /can't always believe it. Hugs....hugging

ajmfmommy
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Thank you! It has been difficult with my brother being in the hospital and my two boys keep asking when their uncle will be back. I just had a baby girl 8wks ago and my brother stayed at my house watching my boys, he was the first person beside my husband to see my baby girl at the hospital. He left for a wks is what he said and then he did this :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN