Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DD who said she hates her brother - Had to make a spinoff with so many responses odds are no one will see mine.

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 4:54 PM
  • 92 Replies
12 moms liked this

Okay well she needed the laptop for school. So it is not just a want but a need and her sibling destroyed it. And you refuse to pay for it. Whether you have the money or not, you have to replace it! I would pawn my wedding ring and other gold jewelry to make it up to her, and teach the brat better. I'm sorry but that is being a brat! He is five years old. The fact he jumped to the ceiling when his sister asked him why he was in her room shows he knew exactly what he was doing and that it was not okay and that he was clearly in trouble. Your daughter's anger, while understandable is being placed in the wrong spot. She shouldn't hate him she should hate you right now! You didn't teach him to respect boundaries, yet he KNOWS he is supposed to never be in her room touching her things, etc. It would actually look better if the kid hadn't jumped, because that would mean he had no clue he wasn't allowed in there, no he damned well knew it. And the fact that her own parents who know she NEEDS the damned laptop don't care enough to figure out a way, like a rent to own place, or a used one, or pawning something, or whatever they had to do to make it right, won't, means you all suck. And not allowing her a lock on her room, when you know your little brat doesn't listen worth a shit is you guys just asking for this to happen. Go ahead little jimmy go in her room whenever you feel like it and break the crap out of her stuff and we won't make it right shows you have both failed as parents. Yeah, if I were your dd, I would run like hell and never look back let alone visit your sorry asses. Discipline the little brat, get your dd the laptop, and apologize profusely for allowing this shit to happen. Try to mend that fence before she crawls over it and never comes back. You only have until she leaves to college to fix this shit.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/18522869/DD_told_her_little_brother_she_hated_him_Update_July_15 Take a look. Mother of the year right there.
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meg0620
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Totally agree! And then they claim they don't have money, yet the mom is complaining that the daughter doesn't go on "family outings." Wtf?
And i wouldn't want to go either! With that little kid acting like a big fucking brat.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 15, 2013 at 4:56 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting MomTo5Almost:

Okay well she needed the laptop for school. So it is not just a want but a need and her sibling destroyed it. And you refuse to pay for it. Whether you have the money or not, you have to replace it! I would pawn my wedding ring and other gold jewelry to make it up to her, and teach the brat better. I'm sorry but that is being a brat! He is five years old. The fact he jumped to the ceiling when his sister asked him why he was in her room shows he knew exactly what he was doing and that it was not okay and that he was clearly in trouble. Your daughter's anger, while understandable is being placed in the wrong spot. She shouldn't hate him she should hate you right now! You didn't teach him to respect boundaries, yet he KNOWS he is supposed to never be in her room touching her things, etc. It would actually look better if the kid hadn't jumped, because that would mean he had no clue he wasn't allowed in there, no he damned well knew it. And the fact that her own parents who know she NEEDS the damned laptop don't care enough to figure out a way, like a rent to own place, or a used one, or pawning something, or whatever they had to do to make it right, won't, means you all suck. And not allowing her a lock on her room, when you know your little brat doesn't listen worth a shit is you guys just asking for this to happen. Go ahead little jimmy go in her room whenever you feel like it and break the crap out of her stuff and we won't make it right shows you have both failed as parents. Yeah, if I were your dd, I would run like hell and never look back let alone visit your sorry asses. Discipline the little brat, get your dd the laptop, and apologize profusely for allowing this shit to happen. Try to mend that fence before she crawls over it and never comes back. You only have until she leaves to college to fix this shit.

MomTo5Almost
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Yeah exactly. Sorry kiddo that your laptop got destroyed and you NEED it for school, you will have to figure out that shit all on your own, now get packed so we can head to the amusement park/camping trip/Disneyworld.

Ummm... WTF?!

Quoting meg0620:

Totally agree! And then they claim they don't have money, yet the mom is complaining that the daughter doesn't go on "family outings." Wtf?
And i wouldn't want to go either! With that little kid acting like a big fucking brat.

quinnsmom715
by Donna on Jul. 15, 2013 at 4:59 PM

amen,sister!!

Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:00 PM

AMEN!!! Preach it Sistah!!

quinnsmom715
by Donna on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:01 PM
12 moms liked this
it took pages and pages before we found out mayas name,yet evans name was in the post.its very telling of who is most important to her..
LilliesValley
by Ruby Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Agree.

Maevelyn
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this

yeah except she doesn't really need it. Her school would have internet access, so would the public library. You don't go pawning things you value just because you might be inconvenienced. You make do for a while until you can work something better off. The ladies on her must pawn an awful lot of stuff! That's everyone's "go to" argument. Just a side note, you don't get anything when you pawn. You cold pawn a $6000 wedding set and get $600 bucks the mark up when you buy these things is just too high for it to really be worth pawning. 

I didn't read the other post I just think its strange that pawning your stuff is considered some kind of magical panacea on cafemom. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Her hubs is probably a dick and shes worried about making her "current" family happy, while her daughter is thrown to the way side. I would be pissed if my mom was like this woman.
acbbsmama
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:03 PM

I agree 100%

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)