Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I told her if she left not to come back

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 72 Replies
2 moms liked this

My 17 year old daughter (turns 18 in a week) asked me a month ago if she could go to a rave with her friends 5 states over. I said hell no. Not only is it a rave where there are drugs and alcohol but it is a long drive. She got really mad and freaked out and locked herself in her room. She then texted me telling me that she was going whether I liked it or not and that I should stop being a giganitic cunt. I told her "If you leave find a new place to live because you will not be welcome to live in my house". We have had several issues with her including underage drinking, sneaking out before, etc etc. She once left for several days where we did not hear from her. 

She snuck out of her window in the middle of the night.  I have already changed the locks and have packed all her stuff up and put it in the garage. She is so eager to move out and I am just done fighting it. She needs a wake up call of what adult life realy is. I am going to cancel her phone service as soon as she gets back in town I don't want to do it now just incase there is an emergency.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:24 PM
4 moms liked this
Sometimes they need tough love. I hope you can stand strong though and not go back on your word, otherwise she will realize you didn't mean what you said.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nancym3
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:24 PM
9 moms liked this
Seriously, if I called my mom a c***, I'd be dead.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this

you did the right thing. Sometimes we just gotta toss them out on their asses to figure it out for themselves.

Mammacra
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm a drill Sargent I don't and won't put up with shit ESP with my kids!  She will learn!  You can only be a door mat for so long!  This little lady needs a wake up call!  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Ditto!

Quoting nancym3:

Seriously, if I called my mom a c***, I'd be dead.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:26 PM
5 moms liked this

Her stuff?  Did she pay for it all?  No?  Yard sale.

SyllabaryBisque
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Good for you! We've all had to learn the hard way, huh? I would have done the same thing...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this

She paid for her clothes. The stuff I bought for her "wasn't good enough". That is about all she is getting though. She will have no furniture, no bed, nothing like that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Her stuff?  Did she pay for it all?  No?  Yard sale.

Snakecharm
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Good for you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:28 PM
You don't need the disrespect
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)