Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

this may seem silly. last update... screw our medical system!!

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:53 PM
  • 71 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Im being admitted to the hospital for shunt placement surgery, part of the procedure requires some hair to be removed. So this is the last day ill have all my hair. As you can see in the picture. I know it'll grow back, but this is a difficult part for me. I've always felt my hair was one of the key things that defined me. But, I'm sure accept it.wish me luck. I already miss my babies.

Not a big update, but I had a ct of my head to look at the ventricles. And another lumbar puncture. The opening pressure was 38 which is high. There was three failed attempts at it the first time, so I had to go to intervention radiology. My back is sore. Then tThey gave me a drug for pain called regalin (sp), which was awful, I felt anxious and panicky. If you have ever had restless legs that's what it felt like all over my body. So that's it for now, I see my neurologist in the am. And I'm so grateful to have my hubby here. Thank you all for the kind words, hugs and well wishes. It means so much to me!

July 16th.

well, its morning, ive got my own room and had some breakfast. Ive even got a window with a crappy view! I see the neurosurgon later, its all up to him now when things happen. I wish i had a more definete time. I really miss my little girls, I thought about them all night. They dont know whats going on with mommy, i dont want to scare them. Well anyways, thats it. Heres a pic of my crappy view.lol.

and what the heck, one of my white board because im extra bored!

super fun right!!!!

Last Update

after all that, the scans, blood work, mri, lumbar puncture, days in the hospital, they wont do the surgery. Why, you want to know why??????? Because i dont have insurance!!!!!!!!! They couldnt have told me that before hand? They let me go through all that.. what the hell!!!!!!!!!!!! Im so upset. 

by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mybabyapples
by Nickels on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:54 PM
I've never been so afraid.
mybabyapples
by Nickels on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Bump
mybabyapples
by Nickels on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:55 PM
Hopefully this post is silly enough!
April620
by Ruby Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:55 PM
Good luck and god bless
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Country_Momma89
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:55 PM
Good luck! You'll still be beautiful :-)
hgibsonorc
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:56 PM
You're beautiful and you will still be beautiful without your hair. Good luck and my prayers are with you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
artio.sd
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Hugs.
mybabyapples
by Nickels on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Thank you!

Quoting April620:

Good luck and god bless
MissMossyOak90
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Did you have a anerizm? 

CafeMom Tickers
mybabyapples
by Nickels on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:56 PM
I hope so! Lol

Quoting Country_Momma89:

Good luck! You'll still be beautiful :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN