Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 3 year old can not speak.

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:13 PM
J3
  • 133 Replies

Well he can speak but it is 98% gibberish.  He will be 3 in two weeks.  He can say mommy and daddy and more and milk and the words that he says a lot but not clear at all.  He was in speech therapy but it wasn't really doing anything and he has not been in it since my DD was born last November because of scheduling conflicts, them not calling me back for days on end, constantly getting new therapists, etc.  

I plan on talking it over with his doctor at his 3 year well visit in a couple of weeks but I am seriously worried about school in a year.  Anyone else go through this and had a good result??

by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hopeym23
by J3 on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:14 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:17 PM
4 moms liked this
He needs to be in speech therapy asap. Maybe try a different place, if you didn't like the first one, but it is definitely a need and the longer you wait the harder it will be for him to catch up
hopeym23
by J3 on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:45 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:46 PM
2 moms liked this
Get him back in speech therapy ASAP.
Anonandon
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:47 PM
My daughter was like that at 2 and we got into speech therapy. She will be 3 at the end of September and she's improved drastically. I'd try to get him evaluated ASAP.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:47 PM

He's starting school at 4? 

hopeym23
by J3 on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:47 PM

BUMP!

hopeym23
by J3 on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Yeah they start full day pre-school at the school we use at 4 years old.

Quoting Anonymous:

He's starting school at 4? 

proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:49 PM
My daughter will be 4 next month and I still can barely understand her, her Dr said she's fine -_- I'm not sure though. She does talk a lot, but it's barely understandable.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:50 PM

I go through the free speech therapy offered in the public school. They even have 2 year olds in there, it's for kids of all ages, I'd call and look into it. It only helps so much to be honest with you though, my dd is going on 5 and no one but my dh and I can understand her :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured