Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What a freaking day!

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:46 PM
  • 40 Replies
1 mom liked this
I'm a pre-k teacher. I have a few kids with behavioral problems. Today, one of my five year olds freaking BIT ME! Hard! Actually about 4-5 times. It didn't break the skin all the way, but my right hand is swollen really bad from one of the bites, swollen up around the others, still red after almost 12 hours, and bruising. It hurts :( He also clawed and pinched my right wrist and arm several times, which did break the skin. It's also swollen, red, bruised, and hurting. He pinched the top of my left hand hard enough to break the skin, and it's swollen and has a big old bruise forming. Freaking seriously? Ouch! I already had fingerprint bruises all up and down my arms and a small gash in my right arm from one of my school age kids with behavioral problems. Bleh. I don't feel like I can go in public in short sleeves right now without strangers wondering what the hell I've been doing.
I'm at a loss with what to do with some of my kids. I am the strongest one where I work and the one that the older kids trust and like the most, so I always end up having to hold, carry, or restrain the ones that start having major behavioral problems. I have a massive soft spot for these kids and would hate to see them kicked out, but it's definitely difficult trying to restrain and calm a large 5 or 8 year old that is having such a huge meltdown that they're throwing chairs against the wall and flipping over tables. I never realized that being a pre-k teacher was such a hazardous job!
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
incogNinja
by Whofflรฉ on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Yeah I couldn't do that. Id slap the taste out of his mouth
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:48 PM
I hate it when day care workers call themselves "teachers".
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Mom would be called to pick them up. There is no reason that you should have to suffer abuse.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:49 PM
She's a pre-k teacher......

Quoting Anonymous:

RissyLee
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:50 PM
I have a lot of patience, but it's hard not to smack back and defend yourself! It's tough to just sit there and take it while you try and get the kid calmed down.

Quoting incogNinja:

Yeah I couldn't do that. Id slap the taste out of his mouth
ROBIN-C
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:51 PM

I feel ya. I do the same type of thing, I'm a para though not a teacher. 

But yeah I get the same marks, thank goodness not daily. 

RissyLee
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't work in the daycare part of our center. I teach the pre-k kids. I write the curriculum, implement it, and teach my kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

incogNinja
by Whofflรฉ on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this
My 4 year old's pre-K teacher taught him to READ, a year before kindergarten. This is hardly "daycare"

Quoting Anonymous:

t1gger143
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:53 PM

I taught at a high school like that. After 2 years I had to quit. I was tired of being in pain. 

RissyLee
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:53 PM
We did call dad to come get him. But tomorrow will probably bring similar behavior. That's what is really frustrating. :-/

Quoting Anonymous:

Mom would be called to pick them up. There is no reason that you should have to suffer abuse.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN