Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My DH is a cross dresser......

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies
I had to get it out somewhere and I have no one to talk to in real life.

Before we got married he had done it as a young kid due to his parents disappointment in him being a boy when they thought he was going to be a girl. They told him over and over again as he grew up that he should have been a girl. So naturally he explored it trying to figure himself out. When they would find his "girl" clothes they would get mad and yell at him saying your a boy you don't do that.

My DH grew up to be on the feminine side and I love him for it but now I have let him open up to explore his true self. He cross dresses in the sense that he likes Tinkerbell, wears women's underwear, and women's shirts that have Tinkerbell. He does not go out in skirts or dresses or anything like that. His family only knows he really likes Tinkerbell and have now accepted him wearing the shirts. I am the only one that knows about the underwear.

I find myself struggling with the fact that on one hand I love this man with all my heart and want him to be free to be himself in a safe loving place but on the other hand wish I had my DH the way he was before he opened up to me about himself.

We are a vary happy couple that has been together for almost 6 years now with 2 kids. Not really looking for any advice unless you have a DH like mine. Just getting it out and off my mind.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vvinkyloafer
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Big deal!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EAzizM
by Erica on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Ok....i mean, it could be worse.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Ummm...ok. 

I don't have much else to say.  Whatever floats your boat.

tifbrown
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:01 PM
2 moms liked this

Sounds like you have a great marriage. It's wonderful that you can be so accepting and supportive :)

rachellaree20
by Rachel on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this

My SO isn't that way but even if he was I'd love him just the same.  And when men cross-dress it turns me on, no idea why.

SouthernMamaof1
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:01 PM

I have a question...

How did you find out that your DH was a cross-dresser?  What was your initial reaction?

alyssaravensmom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Wouldn't bother me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2ArfarasMom
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Hmmm it's good you're not looking for advice bc I've got none! I've never dealt with that but I see how it could be frustrating because you want him to be himself, but in a way you wish that wasn't part of himself. I'm sorry, I'm sure it's tough. Do you think you could should see a counselor? Just so that maybe he can get some help with understand what he is really going through and maybe they can help you figure out ow to cope and help him? Idk, might be a dumb suggestion. Anyway I wish you guys luck
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Quoting rachellaree20:

My SO isn't that way but even if he was I'd love him just the same.  And when men cross-dress it turns me on, no idea why.

To be honest me to. We shop for the underwear together and share them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)