Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATED!!!! :::CPS coming in the morning! ! help please!

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:13 AM
  • 104 Replies
2 moms liked this
Ok I can't even believe I am having to write this. Never thought id be someone that it ever happened to. I have four kids and have never had to deal with this crap. I have a 7, 5, 2, and 5 month old. My mil was babysitting my two younger one's three weeks ago when my two yr old decided to jump off a chair (typical boy right?) Well he broke three bones in his foot. It wasn't as bad as I thought and a week later he was walking like nothing ever happened. I had him checked by an orthopedic surgeon to be safe but he said no surgery or cast needed bc it was healing really well already. So fast forward to today and I get a call saying that the hospital I took him to the day it happened contacted them about his foot being broke. And she claims that it is just "routine" that the hospital reports it and cps comes and does a check of the kid and everything else I assume. I have nothing to hide and my house is always clean bc im ocd about that so I want to cooperate with her so everything goes smooth as long as she is cooperative with me and not ridiculous. Id prefer if she didnt take my kids t9 another room or a want to speak in private bc well I dont know her ane my kids are young and I dont want them freaked out. So my question is what all does she have the authority to do? Woukd you let her walk a4ound your house? Talk to your kids in private? Im just tryin to find out legally what rights she has so she isnt lying and tryin to scare me bc of the awful horror stories ive heard on cafe mom lol (most are prob bs or hiding something but im stoll kinda nervous for some reason). Oh I live in ga if that matters. She will b here at 9 in
tbe morning so any help is really appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Update! So she was suppose to come at nine then called and said ten then called and said 11! She finally got here at 1145. She basically asked wht happened to his foot and said it was ridiculous they called about that. She was very very nice and thanked me for me so cooperative and said lots of pare ts arent and it makes it harder on everyone. We basically chatted about random stuff after she asked about his foot....it waw like a convo with a friend or something lol. She talked abiut her kids amd she knows how wild they can be and how easily accidents happen. She said she just wanted to check to see where the kiddos sleep and make sure there was food. She compliment ed me on how clean my house is amd she dont know how I do it lol then was shocked at how much food we have thanks to hubbys couponing haha. She said it wasnt an investigation and nothing with be on file but it was just a family suppot check 2hatever that means. So she said theres definitely nothing theee amd the kids look very happy and healthy so she will go back to the office and nothing will be opened up and that was pretty muvh it!! I dk why I worried! ! Thanks for all yhe advice and help ladies! Sorry for sum typos my phone is awful today!
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kcangel63
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't know. I know you don't legally have to let them in, but I don't know much else.

(((HUGS)))

I'm sure things will go great.

How's your little guy doing now? Back to crazy boy mode? LOL
pedritosmama
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:18 AM
4 moms liked this

With CPS, you need to do WHATEVER they tell you to do.  If they say anything, do not aruge.  If they ask you to fix something, fix it.  If they want you to jump through hoops, jump.  Do not mess around with CPS. 

Be 100% honest.  If they want to talk to your kids, let them.  If they want to search every nook of your house, let them.  Be an open book.

NatesMyBoy
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:19 AM

I would not allow her alone with them.  She could ask leading questions, your kids might have odd answers that she does not understand.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:20 AM

We have had CPS called on us by my SS's crazy BM.  I also live in Georgia.  I believe if you have nothing to hide, just let her come in and talk to all of you and look around.  Be honest about what happened and explain to her that you dont even know why she had to come.  We cooperated with them and by the end of the visit she said it was dropped.

smurfielette13
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this
They will check.everything. They will look in your.fridge and cabinets to make sure.you have.food, they'll look and make sure there is no.garbage or bad food laying around and they will talk to.the kids in private. I was involved.with them thanks to a "friend" and that's what they did but from the.sounds of it you should have nothing to worry about. If they want to.talk to the kids in private just tell the child that its ok and.the.worker wont hurt them and you be in what.ever room if they need you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Ask Zimmerman he will get you out of trouble!!

Yes I said since you all are beingnasty hateful bitches I starting trouble

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:21 AM
I've never been in that situation, but from what I understand, they just check the house and talk to you. I don't think they bring your kids into another room.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't know how you would get an attorney by 9am tomorrow but that is what I would try to do before they showed up. How ridiculous over an accident at your MILs

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:21 AM
They will check out the kids, for bruises.

Check how much food you have.

Hot water.

They can't open any doors. If your bedroom door is closed, they won't open it.
TCup18
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:21 AM
I'd say just be open and don't act defensive. It will make her think something is up. Just be yourself and accommodate her. It will probably be an open and shut case.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)