Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is social services?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
If someone calls the cops for a DV issue, and both leave for the hospital to psych why would social services get involved?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:26 AM
Because it's a psych issue... all psychiatric cases are *supposed* to get a social worker
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:27 AM
New one to me. They never do.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because it's a psych issue... all psychiatric cases are *supposed* to get a social worker

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:28 AM
2 moms liked this

How many times have you been in a psych ward? Sounds like social services is exactly what you need.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:28 AM
2 moms liked this
Because it isn't healthy for kids to be around DV. Why do you think that they shouldn't get involved?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Social Services is te department that investigates child abuse, child neglect, and domestic violence. They are CPS. They manage the foster parent program. I'm sure someone else can give you a more thorough answer
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Do you have children or were children at the house when the DV occurred? IF so you can also expect a visit from CPS/ACS

Mommy2b2many
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:31 AM
For the adults or for the kids? Ss would get involved because both parents have been taken to the psych ward...
Era5182
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:34 AM

I thought they got involved if their were kids involved...BUMP

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Only once
I have been to emergency room psych area a few times. All times I was let go in under 4 hours. They know I have mental illness and can keep it under control. It's other people like my mother and primary doctor who think I need it. Both of them know nothing really about my treatments or therapy. I never had one until this last time. The DV issue was not on me. Also the social worker said I didn't need to be there or I didn't need his help.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

How many times have you been in a psych ward? Sounds like social services is exactly what you need.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:36 AM
No kids involved

Quoting Era5182:

I thought they got involved if their were kids involved...BUMP

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)