Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am a mother with bi polar and I am manic ask me anything

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
It is 12:17 I have had 2 hours of sleep in the last 48 hours due to being manic, and I have a 3.5 DD with ADHD to take care of when DH is working. Ask me anything I will answer truthfully.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:20 AM

do you enjoy it?

Mommy2b2many
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Were you able to stay on meds while pregnant and while breastfeeding?
Grumpylilpixy
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:21 AM
1 mom liked this

This must def have to be hard on you. Are you treating yourself with meds? Or how are you coping?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Some times I do because I do crazy(but safe) things with DD. I have no inabitions when I am manic. Which leaves me not caring about what others think.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:24 AM

I do not take meds, I learned to analyze myself and find the behaviours I need to change to be safe. I need to be carefu not to be come psychotic. which means if things go to far i need sleep meds.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:27 AM
1 mom liked this
No questions. I'm bipolar also. Hello fellow bipolar cmer! Lol
zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this

do you have a safety plan in place? if things go too far? I am on meds and they have worked wonderfully, but I do have a safety plan set up with DH if I were to go incredibly manic.

also, have you ever tried being on meds?

Quoting Anonymous:

I do not take meds, I learned to analyze myself and find the behaviours I need to change to be safe. I need to be carefu not to be come psychotic. which means if things go to far i need sleep meds.

I_RitShainbows
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:31 AM
No questions
I am bipolar too. I have rapid cycling.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

This must def have to be hard on you. Are you treating yourself with meds? Or how are you coping?

I cope by going with the flow and staying home. DD has a lot of fun when I am manic because I am very creative and inventive. Meds do nothing other than make me a non-emotional zombi. I had two years of therapy where I learned to control or recognize my psychotic episodes. And before physios kicks in I take sleeping meds and then I am fine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:35 AM

I do which includes me being able to sleep. mania is not harmful but the lack of sleep due to mania is because it leads to phsycosis. So if I feel my self slipping I call my dr. and get a short term scribt for sleep meds(mild sleep meds).

Quoting zomgkerrie:

do you have a safety plan in place? if things go too far? I am on meds and they have worked wonderfully, but I do have a safety plan set up with DH if I were to go incredibly manic.

also, have you ever tried being on meds?

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)