Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We are scheduling a C section this week

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

I will be at 38 weeks. He said the reason is chronic hypertension and the baby is weighing big on the last sonogram given. Also, my baby is transverse and he is unlikely to turn. At 38 weeks I am a bit worried about  it but also have been told my baby is ready to come and it should be fine. Does this seem to soon?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2b2many
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:23 AM
38weeks should be fine; especially if your doctor is saying so. Good luck!

(My girls were born at 35 weeks; and were perfectly healthy)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:25 AM
That's when they scheduled mine as I was having my second child and my first was an emergency csection.
Ber-Lynn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:26 AM
I had a planned c-section at 38 weeks with my daughter she was 7lbs 11oz and 19 3/4 inches. All babies are different though good luck!
Anonandon
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:27 AM
Good luck. My baby was born at 38w3d, he was an IUGR baby though, so he had to spend some time in the NICU (he'd only developed to 34 weeks). He's perfect now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melakay1981
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Mine were both born at 37 weeks, i am sure everything will be fine.  Good Luck

KaylinC03
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:28 AM

No, 38 weeks should be fine. The baby is full term, and I've known several people who have had c-sections at either 37 or 38 weeks with completely healthy babies.

Good luck!

TheLadyAmalthea
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:30 AM

If your doctor feels that your health and your baby's health is at risk, I'd do what he says. Hypertension can be very dangerous during pregnancy for both of you. I wish you luck and a healthy baby!

o.O....
by Cara on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:31 AM
38 weeks should be fine. My youngest turned TO transverse at 39 1/2 weeks- maybe he'll end up turning?
KayDziedzic
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:37 AM

I had an emergency induction at 37.5 weeks with my second (now 5 y/o) because sonos kept showing she was much to small, and the final one indicated she had stopped growing at 4lbs 4 oz. She was born the next day weighing 5lbs 12 oz, perfectly healthy. Lungs, breathing, color--everything was beautifully 'normal'.

According to my doc, when c sections are scheduled as a medical precaution, they're typically done at 38 weeks because baby is developed enough to have a low risk of any complications, and because mom is more likely to go into labor on her own after 38 weeks--something the doctor would prefer to avoid if they're concerned about labor causing complications for mom or baby.

Good luck!

kelly617
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:01 AM

He's term so he'll probably be okay....but even if you had him natrually at 40wks there's no guarantee

My son came on his own at 39wks 5 days and spent 3days in the NICU
Every baby is different but it sounds like you guys would do better with baby on the outside rather than in
Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)