Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WHY THE F*** CAN'T THIS BE THE NATIONAL NEWS?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:33 AM
  • 29 Replies
4 moms liked this
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2362102/Pennsylvania-teens-save-year-old-girl-kidnapping-chasing-kidnappers-car-BIKES.html

Can't make it clicky but basically, it was an African American young man and his friend. They didn't kill a white girl, no. They helped SAVE her.

She was kidnapped nearly 2 hours when the boys recognized the girl in the car to be the kidnapped girl.

They chased the car down on their bikes and the kidnapper stopped the car and let the girl out.

Yes, it's "big-ish" news but the President isn't going live to thank them. No one across the country is going to thank them for being positive role models for black youth. No one is blasting this all over the news.

How about we have some positivity here and show that race holds no boundaries if you see past the mob.
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BaltimoreBaby
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:35 AM
1 mom liked this

It is? And they are being praised? The president is a busy guy. He can't stop everything to make a live televised statement when things, good or bad, happen. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:36 AM

*shrugs* I heard about it a couple of days ago. On the national news.

skittlefart
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:36 AM
It was posted yesterday here. Awesome story <3
o.O....
by Cara on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:36 AM
It is.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:37 AM
Yep, people of ALL races can be good people!
CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Unfortunately, positive stories like this aren't what people want to hear. The media reports the negative because that's what society feeds into and wants to hear about. It's sad. Good for those boys, the world needs more like them. 

Mrs-Somerhalder
by Blake on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:37 AM
Well I saw it on the news so.... Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Grumpylilpixy
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:37 AM

It was 1 boy who seen her, she was pushed out of the car and the boy took her to the police area. He is 15. I believe it was on the news that is how I seen it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:37 AM
I agree. But good things are not newsworthy, the media thrives on drama and negativity and breeds it to cause panic.
smurfielette13
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:37 AM
I've seen this story on every website I've gone on since it happened
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)