Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I thought the house was haunted

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
When I was single I lived in a small house. No roommates, just me and a cat. Every night my kitchen chairs would move. This happened while I was at work. My kitchen rearranged itself. The cabinets were always open, drawers pulled out. I thought I was going crazy. I talked to friends and they suggested a haunting, others laughed and told me I'd gone nuts.

One night I could not sleep well. I fell asleep on the couch. I heard a noise. It was a chair being slid across the floor! I was terrified. It took what seemed like forever before I sat up and peeked over the couch. Through the dim light from the moon shining I saw the chair inch across the floor. My blood was pumping, heart pounding. I was about to jump up and run out the door but then I saw a small figure. A furry figure.

My cat was pushing the chairs. It was her all along! The relief I felt soon gave in to feeling foolish. For weeks I thought I'd lost my mind! I watched the cat push the chairs all over the kitchen then climb one to get on the counter where she got in to the cabinets and also played around with the dishwashing sponge.

Stupid cat!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Master_Debater
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:01 AM

laughing

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:09 AM
It's funny now but for a month I thought I was nuts. I was researching the house and land to see if anyone died there.

Quoting Master_Debater:

laughing

jadedcynic
by Nerdalicious on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:19 AM
Yes, that sums it up, lol.

Quoting jadedcynic:

tigerstripes12
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:20 AM

SMART cat!

hunnybunny2001
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:22 AM
Lol that's funny
petitekatie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:25 AM

lmao! i'd rather have a weird cat than a ghost. lol. that's kind of cute. (the cat)

MomSaidNo
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:26 AM
When I was little we had a cat that would open the freezer and steal packages of meat and drag them into the ceiling the basement and "hoard" and eat them. For a few months my mom couldn't figure out why the freezer was open in the morning and then what the hell that smell was in the basement. My dad went searching in the ceiling tiles and about 15 packages of half eaten decaying meats fell on his head! Ugh!! Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:28 AM
Ewwww!

Quoting MomSaidNo:

When I was little we had a cat that would open the freezer and steal packages of meat and drag them into the ceiling the basement and "hoard" and eat them. For a few months my mom couldn't figure out why the freezer was open in the morning and then what the hell that smell was in the basement. My dad went searching in the ceiling tiles and about 15 packages of half eaten decaying meats fell on his head! Ugh!! Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:28 AM
Yeah I'm glad the house wasn't haunted.

Quoting petitekatie:

lmao! i'd rather have a weird cat than a ghost. lol. that's kind of cute. (the cat)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)