Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sometimes im afraid ill lose my kids

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
I had an awful childhood... The first 18 years if my life were riddled with abuse... Physical, mental, and sexual.I was a plaything for my parents for so long, in some ways it became normal. Or, not normal, but expected. I posted my story a long time back. I'm Jessica e. Some of you might remember me.

I got a call today from the nurse from our new insurance company, questioning me about my PTSD and asking if I needed help. I explained to her that I've been through some therapy and manage my triggers on my own... I'm doing quite well.

Still, my heart was in my throat. In the back of my mind is always that totally irrational fear that someone will think I could be the same thing my parents were, and will wrongfully take my babies away. I try not to think about it. I know its silly. But I still feel petrified whever I get one of these calls.

Ugh. Just... Idk... Venting I guess.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
twin_mama_x_2
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:18 AM
Nobody will take your babies for seeking help! You are very brave & strong & i can see where your fear would come from..but no one will take them.you are doing everything you can for you & them by trying to overcome a horrible past.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:20 AM

Omg I'm so so sorry! Big hugs to you mama, you deserve them! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:20 AM
I'm doing really really good. I know its completely irrational... It's just a stupid fear. You hear a lot about cycles of abuse, and I broke that cycle. But there are people who don't believe that is possible.

Quoting twin_mama_x_2:

Nobody will take your babies for seeking help! You are very brave & strong & i can see where your fear would come from..but no one will take them.you are doing everything you can for you & them by trying to overcome a horrible past.

twin_mama_x_2
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:26 AM
I do believe its possible & i think it takes a strong person to overcome it.the fact that you are able to do it is a testament to your strength.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm doing really really good. I know its completely irrational... It's just a stupid fear. You hear a lot about cycles of abuse, and I broke that cycle. But there are people who don't believe that is possible.

Quoting twin_mama_x_2:

tiniowien
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:27 AM

As long as they are healthy and fine they won't 

petitekatie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:32 AM

It's not silly. It's ok. and understandable. ((HUGS)) I'm sorry your childhood was so rough.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:54 AM
Thank you. Lord knows I try!

Quoting twin_mama_x_2:

I do believe its possible & i think it takes a strong person to overcome it.the fact that you are able to do it is a testament to your strength.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting twin_mama_x_2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:55 AM
Barring the fact that my 3 year olds face looks like she walked through a cheese grater, yes lol

Quoting tiniowien:

As long as they are healthy and fine they won't 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)