Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

filing custody first EDIT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
There is no co and we get the DNA test done soon. What I'm worried about is my x filing for full emergency custody after he is proven my DS dad. DS is almost 4 and he wanted nothing to do with DS until he was 2. He thinks if he gets custody he wont have to pay cs. That's the only reason he wants custody.
My question is can he be granted temporary custody if he files for it? Even tho I have had DS 100% of the time?

Edit** I'm in Oklahoma and we were never married and he isn't on the bc. According to some research in my state Im assumed to have sole custody until a judge changes it.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Mrs-Somerhalder
by Blake on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:10 AM
File first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:10 AM

Just file now to save the hassle and I think it depends on the state.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:11 AM
Most likely since you are currently his primary care giver unless he can prove neglect or abuse you will retain primary care. Do not let him take your child at any point with out a CO. Do allow him to see the child with you there.
paulswifey11
by TashaL on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:12 AM
File tomorrow morning. I had my dd when xh filed and I had to fight teeth and nail.
Amanda804
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:15 AM

File now while paternity is still a question in the eyes of the court.. In my state which ever parent files for custody first will have custody of the child until a judgment is reached.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)