Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Back in the day ...

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:10 AM
  • 10 Replies
Okay so if you were born in the 80's or before you have a back in the day story. Share it with us, give us something to talk about. Memories that we all know. Kids from the 90's don't know the life we lived. They did back in the day on twitter and this 'kid' said I remember when Jared was goofing off and pissed Mr. Reynolds off so he almost hit him. I'm like that's not back in the day. Back in the day teachers were allowed to hit you lol. A kid from my grade school announced to all of us that the urban legend of a kid kicking the principal in the stomach wasn't an urban legend after all. Good memories, not of that principal but of well back in the day. So share your memories.
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ElitestJen
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:12 AM

I was born before the 80s.  :-/  My teachers never hit anyone. 

By the way, "back in the day" sounds stupid. 

mommyinindiana
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Back in the day going for an adventure meant getting on your bike after breakfast and wondering back home about the time the street lights came on.
GrinningCheese
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:16 AM

Quoting ElitestJen:

Now why do I not believe you about when you were born? Yeah I don't think so. Maybe they didn't hit you but if you were born BEFORE the 80's they hit students. I doubt all your classes were filled with well behaved students.
tarakay0417
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:16 AM
Personal CD players didn't have the anti skip feature. Walk slowly. Lol
ElitestJen
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:18 AM

Quoting GrinningCheese:

Quoting ElitestJen:

Now why do I not believe you about when you were born? Yeah I don't think so. Maybe they didn't hit you but if you were born BEFORE the 80's they hit students. I doubt all your classes were filled with well behaved students.

LOL  I was born in 1979.  Last I checked, that was before the 80s.  Unless...you're referring to the 1880s? 

And no, in no school I ever attended did teachers hit students.  I did attend good schools, though, so maybe that was the difference. 

bcoll
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh, I don't know. There are funny moments when the kids look at you like you suddenly speak another language when they find out you got your first Computer and cell phone as an adult, that you can remember a time bfore microwaves and tv's with remotes. My daughter stopped and ogled at a pay phone in wonder a few weeks ago. Depends on the moment lol

GrinningCheese
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:32 AM
I know I have a friend that's younger than me. One day she mentioned she was lost or something and she didn't have a cell phone then. I'm like did you ask someone to borrow theirs and she's like no there wasn't anyone with one around. I mentioned pay phones and she was stunned that we still have some in my neighborhood. There are still two working pay phone about 2-3 blocks away from my house. A lot of people by long distance calling cards from the store there and use the phones to call home so the store keeps the phones going.
Quoting bcoll:

Oh, I don't know. There are funny moments when the kids look at you like you suddenly speak another language when they find out you got your first Computer and cell phone as an adult, that you can remember a time bfore microwaves and tv's with remotes. My daughter stopped and ogled at a pay phone in wonder a few weeks ago. Depends on the moment lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:58 AM
Born in 77. I remember when Garbage Pail cards were cool to trade with friends, when TGIF meant we could watch the new episode of Full House. I remember every summer getting a few new pair of jelly sandals, and if I got the ones with glitter I was the coolest kid on the block. I remember walking to my friends' houses to talk to them, passing notes either in class or in between, and writing letters on notebook paper and sending them in the mail to keep in touch with my cousin- no cell phones or computers. And playing the Oregon Trail on the school computer was the highlight of my week!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:05 AM
I also remember my awesome Rainbow Brite lunchbox, and inside I had fruit or pudding cups in little tin cans with the pull tabs. I remember my favorite outfit in 6th grade- a neon yellow shirt, black bubble skirt and black bike shorts underneath. I remember begging my mom for a hypercolor shirt (never did get one though). Roller skating on Saturday nights was a MUST, and my friends and I would pay $.25 cents at a time collecting buttons from the candy-style vending machine, hoping we would get every NKOTB button offered.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:06 AM
I was born in the 90s and I did all the shit you "back in the day" ers did. I used my walkman all day long. I played with stick and rocks, threw shit at other kids without worrying if I would get in trouble. I dont know where youre from, but your "back in the day" still happens now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)