Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Effing protesters!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
Dh has to drive to LA for work tomorrow. Hopefully no one is rioting or trying to f*ck his car up.

If they do I hope he runs them over.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TaughtTot
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:26 AM

Doubt either is going to happen.  1. anyone trying to damage his car 2. him running anyone over

If 1 happens, and then 2 happens, I feel bad for the ass beating your husband gets.  Rioters in LA don't give a shit...best look forward and drive and avoid all confrontation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:28 AM
Did you see the video of people trying to drive and avoid it? Protesters jumped on their cars. One van did just start driving at them and they got out if the way.

If you ain't a car stay out the fu$?ing street!

Quoting TaughtTot:

Doubt either is going to happen.  1. anyone trying to damage his car 2. him running anyone over

If 1 happens, and then 2 happens, I feel bad for the ass beating your husband gets.  Rioters in LA don't give a shit...best look forward and drive and avoid all confrontation.

ElitestJen
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:29 AM

Ehh...they have a right to protest. 

I don't really understand the point of protesting a verdict, though.  It isn't going to change.  And it's not like they can retry him in state court due to double jeopardy.  Regarding the DoJ investigating for possible civil rights violations, the FBI has already declared there was no racial bias.  

I think the whole thing is stupid.

viv212
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:30 AM
What your explaining happened in Oakland I thought. What part of LA is he driving to? If its downtown he'll be fine but if it's South Central area... Well it's never safe there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:31 AM

they have a right to PEACEFULLY protest...not vandalize cars...

Quoting ElitestJen:

I don't really understand the point of protesting a verdict, though.  It isn't going to change.  And it's not like they can retry him in state court due to double jeopardy.  Regarding the DoJ investigating for possible civil rights violations, the FBI has already declared there was no racial bias.  

ElitestJen
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:33 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

they have a right to PEACEFULLY protest...not vandalize cars...

Quoting ElitestJen:

Of course!  If they vandalize, they've crossed the line into criminal activity.

BrittN30
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:33 AM
Protesting can be peaceful, rioting is what these idiots are doing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:34 AM
Did it happen in Oakland too?

From what I understand they had a specific place to gather but then some sh*t went wrong.

Honestly I don't get why LA is getting so crazy. It's not our courts that decided the verdict.

Quoting viv212:

What your explaining happened in Oakland I thought. What part of LA is he driving to? If its downtown he'll be fine but if it's South Central area... Well it's never safe there.

unsuspected
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:35 AM
They do not have a right to attack innocent people on the street, destroy property, enter businesses or impede traffic. They were getting on top of cars, stealing a child s scooter and beating people waiting for the bus.

Quoting ElitestJen:

unsuspected
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:36 AM
It was in Leimert Park, in LA.

Quoting Anonymous:

Did it happen in Oakland too?

From what I understand they had a specific place to gather but then some sh*t went wrong.

Honestly I don't get why LA is getting so crazy. It's not our courts that decided the verdict.

Quoting viv212:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)