Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone with paragard??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
I've had very very light spotting roughly every other day for the last few weeks. Sometime very light cramping. Does anyone know I should be concerned? I had it inserted in February after I had my daughter in November and then I breastfed until May so i figured that's what was delaying my period but I still haven't had one. Just the spotting
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
shadow_lark
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:47 AM
You should at least take an hpt. Since paragard has no hormones, it shouldn't mess with your period that much. My cycles shortened when I was on it, but I never had spotting after the initial insertion. I would think that by two months after stopping bf your period should have returned.
allornone
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:49 AM

Mine fell out.  Can you still feel the strings? 

Elayna90
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:30 AM
I got mine in last August and stopped bfing in January but never had a period until April. I did have some spotting in March but not off and on. It was for like a week or so.
Miss_Sheila
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:33 AM
Is it like the mirena?? Im thinkin bout gettin mirena or something as effective as it no pills i dont want to gain weight
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:32 AM
I'm pretty sure it's the same type of device but its hormone free.

Quoting Miss_Sheila:

Is it like the mirena?? Im thinkin bout gettin mirena or something as effective as it no pills i dont want to gain weight
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Yea I can feel them

Quoting allornone:

Mine fell out.  Can you still feel the strings? 

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Paraguard shouldn't mess with periods at all, except maybe cause heavier flow in some women.

I would take a test to be safe.  However, it is entirely possible the BFing is causing the hormone fluctuations.  I spotted at about 5 months PP, then spotted for the next 7 months before having my cycle.

If you have a nagging doubt you can't shake, trust your instincts and see your doctor.  Until you know more, act pregnant just in case.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)