Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

President Obama take so much as a single moment to acknowledge my murder.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
2 moms liked this

13 Month Old Innocent baby Murdered, shot point blank in the head and NO one says anything, where's the justice here? Mr. President how come you haven't mentioned this child, is it because he's white. And couldn't be "Your Son" One of the Youngest Murder victims in the USA today.

You won't recognize me. My name was Antonio Santiago and I was the 13-month old child who was shot at point blank range by two teens who were attempting to rob... my mother, who was also shot. A Grand Jury of my mommy's peers from Brunswick GA determined the teens who murdered me will not face the death penalty...too bad I was given a death sentence for being innocent and defenseless.

My family made the mistake of being white in a 73% non-white neighborhood, but my murder was not ruled a Hate Crime. Nor did President Obama take so much as a single moment to acknowledge my murder.

I am one of the youngest murder victims in our great Nation's history, but the media doesn't care to cover the story of my tragic demise, President Obama has no children who could possibly look like me - so he doesn't care and the media doesn't care because my story is not interesting enough to bring them ratings so they can sell commercial time slots.

There is not a white equivalent of Al Sharpton because if there was he would be declared racist, so there is no one rushing to Brunswick GA to demand justice for me. There is no White Panther party to put a bounty on the lives of those who murdered me. I have no voice, I have no representation and unlike those who shot me in the face while I sat innocently in my stroller - I no longer have my life.

So while you are seeking justice for Treyvon, please remember to seek justice for me too. Tell your friends about me, tell you families, get tee shirts with my face on them and make the world pay attention, just like you did for Treyvon.

Thank you.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Era5182
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:06 AM
Is this the baby in Ga???
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:08 AM
People say "Well the mother did it..." as if thats an excuse not to recognize that his murder is a tragedy. If anything, that makes it 10 times worse than any other murder out there.
TaughtTot
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:09 AM

they are in prison right?

Its very hard to get the death penalty on teens, very hard.

I think all murderers of children should die a slow suffering death, lethal injection is the easy way out.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:12 AM
I agree completely. Where's the justice for this little man? Where's the support for him? sad
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:13 AM
3 moms liked this
Ok first off Obama can not file charges against anyone that's a crock of crap second he does care but we as people voted the death penalty out so who's fault is it???
hunnybunny2001
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:14 AM
So sad
andreamarie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:48 AM
Poor baby. None of this is right.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:23 AM
3 moms liked this

Many of us have family members that have been murdered, any murder is tragic yes, but not all get the attention of others, its unrealistic to think they all could, whats worse to me is some of the murderers dont even get long sentences, my husbands brother was murdered, the female involved only got 6 years and the male got 10 then out.............thats nothing............its not justice either to me, however we must move on, you have to realize this case with Trayvon has world wide attention, and the injustice is evident, so I am glad Obamas trying to do something about it.

Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:29 AM
3 moms liked this

If his murderers are in prison, doesn't that mean justice was served?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:37 AM
But he keeps opening his mouth over trayvon martin.
Why not all of these cases that are being mentioned?

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok first off Obama can not file charges against anyone that's a crock of crap second he does care but we as people voted the death penalty out so who's fault is it???
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)