Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

School Shopping: Slim pickings this year?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

Is it just me, or do the prices and selection seem smaller than usual this year?

I've also tried to shop for school clothing, but it's not out yet. Usually this time of year is bumping for back to school deals. Am I the only one feeling this way?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
QuirkyMom26
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:18 AM

I don't know :/  I am just feeling overwhelmed. It seems like just yesterday it was their last day of school and first day of summer break!

isaiahsmom321
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:22 AM
I got a great deal at old navy last week. That's as far as I have gotten so far lol
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:23 AM

yep....they don't start with the sales here until August........

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:25 AM
Quoting Sassy762:

Maybe it's just me: I could swear by the middle of July the start of the back to school madness begins. Maybe I'm getting old lol.
Elayna90
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:27 AM
School here starts August 1st and supplies are just now going on sale and they have very little out in uniform yet. :/ I was hoping to get a little each week so we wouldn't have to buy so much at once but no such luck.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:28 AM

I think it depend on when school starts in your area. They don't start school here in August...but in September

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Sassy762:

Maybe it's just me: I could swear by the middle of July the start of the back to school madness begins. Maybe I'm getting old lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:30 AM
I know, right? I was just saying this to my husband tonight. Its all going so fast!

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

I don't know :/  I am just feeling overwhelmed. It seems like just yesterday it was their last day of school and first day of summer break!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:30 AM
Idk. I just hope my kids don't end up in the district with uniforms... I have no interest in spending extra money on them. I have to buy them all new Fall/Winter clothes since we are moving to a colder climate after 4 years living in a warmer climate. getting a bunch of plain polos, and bland khakis aren't exactly what I want to add to the list. Of course if it works out that way I'll just have to suck it up, and buy them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:33 AM

Am I the only one feeling I haven't even thought about back to school shopping yet lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:39 AM
Quoting Elayna90:

School here starts August 1st and supplies are just now going on sale and they have very little out in uniform yet. :/ I was hoping to get a little each week so we wouldn't have to buy so much at once but no such luck.

My daughter's school starts on August 15th this year.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)