Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

OMG the blood is EVERYWHERE!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies
For the past two nights, I've been getting really bad nosebleeds. Not typical nosebleeds but so bad it's just pouring out of my face! Yesterday, I got two of them within 4 hours of each other. I'm 39 weeks pregnant, live in a desert that's been very wet recently and stay inside most of the time. Yesterday, the first time, I'd just woken up from a nap on the recliner on my couch. I just sat up and all the sudden the blood was just pouring down the front of me. The shirt I was wearing is RUINED! I got it on the couch, but got stain remover on it quickly enough to not ruin it, too. I ran to the downstairs bathroom with my hands cupped under my face and blood dripping behind me. Freaked my boys out pretty bad. SO is ex military so it wasn't the blood that freaked him, it was the fact that it was coming out of me. It took about 45 minutes to get the bleeding to stop. It went down the back of my throat so I swallowed a lot of blood and get very sick. Right after, I developed a bad migraine that put me to bed early. Later that night, I woke up to pee and was sitting on the toilet (sorry, TMI) when the blood started dripping out of my nose AGAIN! That time, it took over an hour for the bleeding to stop. I got so sick again, throwing up and having a bad headache. My SO had me taking small sips of water while I was bleeding and for a while after while recovering. It was awful! Today, I was reading and felt that trickle again so I got some tissue. Another bad bleed. I just got it to stop about a half hour ago and again, feeling so sick right now. I'll post a pic of today's ruined shirt. I don't get it. I've never had problems like this before. Anyone else deal with this before?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ashes0813
by Candice on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:07 AM
How is your blood pressure?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:07 AM

This was my shirt that I was wearing when today's nosebleed started.  It's my favorite color and so lightweight and comfy.  Now I have to toss it.  :-(

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:08 AM

Doctor said it wasn't too bad the last time I went in (last Friday).

Quoting Ashes0813:

How is your blood pressure?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:11 AM

Next time go to the ER. I had a bad nosebleed once that wouldn't stop (4 hours) It was a posterier noseblled and it needed medical attantion. They never did figure out what caused it, but yeah go to the ER-or if it's during office hours call around to ENTS and beg for an appointment (and this is really the best choice) they willpack it, cauterize it or balloon it-and if they ballon it you might need to be admitted to the hospital....so avoid the balloon-go for the cauterization if you can.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:14 AM

I did notice large clots coming out of my nose while I changed the tissue.  Was really gross.  These clots were about the size of my thumb and thick.

Quoting Anonymous:

Next time go to the ER. I had a bad nosebleed once that wouldn't stop (4 hours) It was a posterier noseblled and it needed medical attantion. They never did figure out what caused it, but yeah go to the ER-or if it's during office hours call around to ENTS and beg for an appointment (and this is really the best choice) they willpack it, cauterize it or balloon it-and if they ballon it you might need to be admitted to the hospital....so avoid the balloon-go for the cauterization if you can.

Mrs.Pedro
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:15 AM
1 mom liked this
It's actually a pretty common pregnancy complaint... The added blood volume can help to make for awful nose bleeds.
Ashes0813
by Candice on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:15 AM
Headaches and nosebleeds can be related to high blood pressure. Usually it is dry weather that can cause them, not wet. I got them when I was pregnant with my first and oh wow the blood! One came when I was asleep and when I woke up my bed looked like a crime scene. Call your doctors office just to be on the safe side & sorry it ruined your shirt!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:16 AM

But what about the headaches?  I get them anyway, but these are right on the heels of the nosebleeds, usually start about midway and hit really hard just after the blood is stopped.  Is that something I should be concerned about?

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

It's actually a pretty common pregnancy complaint... The added blood volume can help to make for awful nose bleeds.

Sammi20
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:19 AM

A. you need to take Iron pills and B. You need to go see a Dr. You may need a blood vessel cauterized.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/first-aid-nosebleeds/HQ00105

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:19 AM

It's been unseasonably wet recently.  We even had a tornado here two weeks ago. Absolutely crazy.

This is my 3rd pregnancy and I've never had this before.  My doctor said my bp was good at my last appointment.  I don't have another appointment until Friday though.

Quoting Ashes0813:

Headaches and nosebleeds can be related to high blood pressure. Usually it is dry weather that can cause them, not wet. I got them when I was pregnant with my first and oh wow the blood! One came when I was asleep and when I woke up my bed looked like a crime scene. Call your doctors office just to be on the safe side & sorry it ruined your shirt!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)