Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I found a lump in my breast. :( Updated.

Posted by   + Show Post

I found a lump in my breast this past weekend. I got in to see the doc yesterday. Yes, there's a breast mass she says. :(  I have to go for a mammogram and an ultrasound. I'm 40.

I'm trying not to think about it too much. Just make it through the day and wait for the hospital to call me for an appt.  Trying to keep busy by taking care of the kids and the house. 

I won't deny it, I'm worried.

ETA: I have my appts next Monday and Friday.

August 8: I was scheduled for a biopsy after my last appointments. I had the biopsy done yesterday. Just waiting to see what the results will be. I can find out tomorrow but I have an appointment next Tuesday with the doctor...

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:21 AM
Replies (41-48):
mama2ameira
by captain underpants on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:03 AM
I'll keep you in my thoughts ! I'm sure it's nothing (:

Quoting Autumn07:

Good morning! That is good to know! I feel better when I see the posts about how it has turned out to be nothing and the breast cancer survivors are very positive in their posts. Thank you everyone. :)

I haven't lost any weight. I still hover around 140.

Quoting mama2ameira:

My mom is 43 and always gets lumps in her breast but they're all benign. It could be nothing (:

*hugs*

Did you lose weight or have weight loss surgery ? Idk how, but the losing weight can cause benign lumps. Which is why my mom gets them, according to her dr.

Autumn07
by Kat on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you so much. I wish the best for your cousin also!

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

I'm sorry hun :(  I just found out a few weeks ago my cousin is getting a double mastectomy next month.  Plus, they are removing fat from her stomach to reconstruct her breasts.  I think she has stage 3 in one breast and stage 4 in the other.  She is 48.

I wish you the best!

choaspartyof4
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Hugs mama, I went through the same thing. I found a lump in my breast at only 23 yrs old. Had to have surgery and it turned out to be benign. Was a terrible experience worrying and being scared. Don't get yourself too worked up until you have tests done, easier said then done though I know.  

lancet98
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Smart advice.   Coffee affects the small blood vessels of the body.   You get a much better picture without it.   I didn't even think of that.   The scheduler is really on the ball.

The key is to not have to go and get it redone.   Any time that happens, one worries and wonders more.

Quoting Autumn07:

Ok, the scheduler told me this, but I didn't know why. She also mentioned no caffeine for 24 hours. That will be tough. I love coffee. :)

Thank you for the info!

Quoting lancet98:

Of course you're worried.   But the numbers are in your favor.   

Be sure to not put on any powder or perfume or any type of scent before your appointment.   Remove any from the previous day by a thorough shower or bath.

yup, these things can cause wierd shadows on the mamogram.

missymackie
by Mrs. Dixon on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Good luck! Keeping you in my thoughts...please keep us updated
tarakay0417
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Lots of prayers!
Luvmybabies57
by New Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

BUMP!

skylight555
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I know it's easy said than done but try not to worry anyway. A lot of times, the lump is just benign. I had those removed twice. Regardless it's benign or not, it's better remove it. I will say a prayer for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN