Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you do this to make 'her' happy??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies

So just a couple of things that bother me.  When DH doesn't hang up his towel after his shower. He just balls it up and throws it on the sink.  Everyone else reuses towels at least twice because they are still clean after one use and it cuts back on laundry - but he just doesn't care.    He doesn't always clean up his mess in the kitchen or close cabinet doors.  It really does drive me nuts.  

If these kinds of things was ALLLLL it took to keep your wife happy, would you as a husband TRY to do these things????  

I bring things up to him that irritate me and he acts like I am attacking him or mothering him, ordering him around I don't know, but he's childish about it. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
piratehooker
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:37 AM
Me and my husband are in counseling learning when to pick our battles. I am like your husband. I also buy one new towel every payday so that we have tons.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:38 AM

I just don't see why he can't do LITTLE, simple things to make me happy.  We never fight about big things. It's just the petty stuff.  But if you live with someone, you have to be more accomodating and sympathetic to their feelings, don't you think?

Quoting piratehooker:

Me and my husband are in counseling learning when to pick our battles. I am like your husband. I also buy one new towel every payday so that we have tons.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:39 AM
Do you work?
liels898
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:40 AM

Well, this is CafeMom not CafeDad so I doubt you'll find a whole bunch of husbands on here to answer this. 

Speaking for myself, if I knew there were little things that were my partner's pet peeves and they were things that I could improve upon, I would try my best to do so. But I could also understand how it would get annoying if I was in a hurry and didn't do something they wanted so they continued to nag me about it. Hopefully he'll mature a bit and maybe you just need a different way of talking things out with him. 

piratehooker
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:40 AM
Yes to an extent. But, I have bad ADD and am medicated and just don't notice small things like that. They may be a huge issue to you but maybe not so much to him. My husband isn't naturally affectionate and it drives me bonkers. So, we are learning ways to communicate without getting all angry inside.

Quoting Anonymous:

I just don't see why he can't do LITTLE, simple things to make me happy.  We never fight about big things. It's just the petty stuff.  But if you live with someone, you have to be more accomodating and sympathetic to their feelings, don't you think?

Quoting piratehooker:

AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:41 AM
That's not "all" it would take to make you happy. You'd find something else, just as petty, to bitch about.
They're towels. You'll live. Learn to pick your battles. YOU decide if you're happy, not him. You are choosing to be miserable and blaming it on him. Is it annoying? Absolutely. But you can still be happy. He still loves you. You're just not looking.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:41 AM

It was hypothetical.  I AM a woman...

Quoting liels898:

Well, this is CafeMom not CafeDad so I doubt you'll find a whole bunch of husbands on here to answer this. 

Speaking for myself, if I knew there were little things that were my partner's pet peeves and they were things that I could improve upon, I would try my best to do so. But I could also understand how it would get annoying if I was in a hurry and didn't do something they wanted so they continued to nag me about it. Hopefully he'll mature a bit and maybe you just need a different way of talking things out with him. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:42 AM

That has nothing to do with things I don't think.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you work?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:44 AM

Actually it would.  They are little things that take a few seconds to do in order to make life easier. To make living together easier.  I'm not asking him for much it just seems like he doesn't care.

Quoting AngryBob:

That's not "all" it would take to make you happy. You'd find something else, just as petty, to bitch about.
They're towels. You'll live. Learn to pick your battles. YOU decide if you're happy, not him. You are choosing to be miserable and blaming it on him. Is it annoying? Absolutely. But you can still be happy. He still loves you. You're just not looking.

AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:44 AM

Just let it go. It's far easier to let it go than to fight about it. I realize the little things can add up, but the more you let go, the better off you'll be.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN