Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are your boys circumcised? Not a debate!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies
Ds is circumcised. He's 8 months old. I have read that you're not supposed to pull back foreskin to clean it. And it looks like he still has a little bit of skin covering....I dunno what it's supposed to look like, maybe its growing back? but I pulled it back a little to make sure it's clean and it's very red, like almost bleeding. He also pulls at it at every diaper change. Like he's trying to rip the thing off. This is my first boy and I really have no clue!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kitschy
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I think you are supposed to pull back the skin on circ'ed boys but not intact boys. My son is intact.

jemmyeve
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:35 AM
sounds like you need to have him looked at by a dr. my oldest is circ, and I never had any problems with his penis. no bleeding and such. he was completely healed a month top later and no pain after that ever.

good luck mama
slvr115
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:36 AM
My son is circ-ed, and he has the same thing you're talking about. I think it's normal. They do looser circumcisions now, so there's usually a little foreskin left. As for the pulling at it, after they 'discover' it, most boys can't keep their hands out of there during diaper changes, circ-ed or not :)
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:37 AM
1 mom liked this
You are supposed to pull it back so the skin doesn't adhere. My son's adhered a little bit and the dr had to pull it down. You may want to make an appt to be sure it is ok.
Ilaynasmommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:37 AM
Talk to the dr. Ds seems to get a ring around it of baby powder and I pull it back a little to get the ring off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ckapps4911
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:37 AM
2 moms liked this

intact boys - do not retract

cut boys need to be retracted as far back as it will COMFORTABLY go (no excess force or intent concentration to complete the task) then clean with a wash rag and warm water. no soap. its a sensitive area and soap could irritate it (that could b causing the redness and him pulling at it from it itching) u can use a bit of cream on the head to see if that helps. just make sure u clean it off all the way each diaper change.

thats all i got. good luck!

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:38 AM

Yes my son is circumsiced. 

Call the dr. I never had any issues with my sons.

WLJ2316
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:40 AM
My son is intact, so no retraction. I really don't know much about circ'd ones though...
norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:41 AM
Sounds like your son has a loose circ. I have heard you are supposed to clean under the foreskin remnant and put petroleum jelly under there to keep it from sticking but I'd call your doc to check.

As for pulling on it like he will rip it off, I don't think that's strange for any boy. My son is intact but pulls on his like he might just yank it right off. I have no idea how that doesn't hurt! Lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:42 AM
That's what I'm doing, I'm skipping the wipes for now and just using a wet washcloth, and aquaphor

Quoting ckapps4911:

intact boys - do not retract

cut boys need to be retracted as far back as it will COMFORTABLY go (no excess force or intent concentration to complete the task) then clean with a wash rag and warm water. no soap. its a sensitive area and soap could irritate it (that could b causing the redness and him pulling at it from it itching) u can use a bit of cream on the head to see if that helps. just make sure u clean it off all the way each diaper change.

thats all i got. good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)