Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

moms who had their tubes tied?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:39 AM
  • 40 Replies
If you had your tubes tied not while you were having a c section how was the procedure? I'm going for a consult tomorrow and I'd just like a bit of first hand info. How long did the procedure take? How long did it take for you to feel like you were back to full mommy mode? Any in site would be good.
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AllofFive19
by Emerald Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:41 AM

I did it the next morning. It didn't take too long, especially as it was first thing in the morning. It didn't take long to get back into full mommy mode (like three days or so), but my periods and body have been wonky ever since.

Peytonsmom6308
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:42 AM
Wonky like super painful or just kind of unpredictable?

Quoting AllofFive19:

I did it the next morning. It didn't take too long, especially as it was first thing in the morning. It didn't take long to get back into full mommy mode (like three days or so), but my periods and body have been wonky ever since.

Peytonsmom6308
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:46 AM
Bump
DannieLou
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:53 AM
My doc forgot to book an OR, so mine was done about 5 weeks later. I couldn't sit up for 2 days, but after that it wasn't bad. I really wish I could have healed from childbirth and that all together. But, my body got weird after. More painful periods and messed up cycles. I had it done 10 yrs ago.

I now have endometriosis, but I don't think that is related to the tubal.
s.osborne
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:55 AM

I would like to know as well so here's a bump!

jmart18255
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:01 AM

i had mine done 10 weeks after i gave birth tomy twins, the procedure wasnt all that long i felt quite crappy for about 2 days after and crampy for a week or so. i will warn you though that my body was out of whack for a long while after, even now 10 yrs later my cycle is still a little out of whack. but thats just my experience mind you

poshkat
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:25 AM
I had mine done last year. They took out my iud and explored some also. I think I was in surgery about 2 hours. I arrived at the hospital at 7:30am and got home around 4pm. I was up the next day with just pain in my shoulder and neck and the next day I was at target buying shoes. I've had much heavier more painful periods but I'd rather deal with them than be pregnant ever again.
dandylynes
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:27 AM

I had a tubal, not during a c-section, but the day after I gave birth.  Recovery time was quick for me and I've had no problems or changes in my periods.  Easy peasy.

cindilou13
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:33 AM

I did have mine with a c-section, but just posting anyway because my periods and hormones were wonky ever since too.  My doctor at the time told me it wouldn't affect anything, but my new doctor said it can, and several people I've talked to think it does too from their own experiences.  I actually ended up having a hysterectomy in May because of how much pain and problems I was having, and all the problems started after I had the tubal, so I tend to think there truly is a correlation.  If I had to do it over again, I would have waited a few months and maybe tried an ablation procedure like Essure instead, but those weren't very widespread at the time so we never even discussed it.

mom2priceboys
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:33 AM

I had one right after a c-section and it was not a  big deal recouperaating ath the same time. what the other ladies talk about the heavier periods - it is called post tubal ligation syndrom. I also ended up having 2 endometrial ablations becasue my bleeding got so bad and painful!!! My step daughter had it done 10 yrs ago and ended up having to have a hysterectomy 7 yrs ago, and another had it done and struggles every month almost 9 years later. I do not suggest it but obviousy your choice. Oh, and I made my husband get snipped also!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)