Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I being unreasonable?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies
Sunday night, I put my 9month old son to sleep a little earlier than usual because he was exhausted from the hot day. His normal bed time is 8/8:30pm but he ended up asleep around 7:30pm. I closed his door and headed out back (monitor in hand so I can listen.) to where SO, his oldest son and MIL already getting plates for dinner. We sat out back and were eating and talking when we heard a door slam. I instantly cringed because out comes SO's ex, his other child with her and two of his friends who went into our house and woke up the baby while looking for the oldest.

Of course I was pissed because I had to get up and calm down a tired, fussy baby who was rudely woken up. I brought him out back because SO said to bring the baby to him and they'd rock on our outdoor swing together. Well, while this is going on, EX decides to scream at her youngest with SO (his boys are 15&13) who was climbing a tree. I could hear her in our bedroom, all the way in the front of the house.

I bring the baby out back, MIL pulls me aside and apologizes then takes off to avoid EX. EX has the balls to come up to me and says: "aww he looks tired." SO said it was like the filter in my mouth went away when I told her "well he was sleeping until you showed up." SO patted me on the back for that one. Yet, I had to ask him if I was being unreasonable because SO's oldest says I'm a bitch because apparently I'm "constantly" telling people to be quiet when the baby goes to bed. Well yeah it's late in the evening, he hasn't been sleeping great lately and he's teething.

SO says I'm not being unreasonable, that the older boys need to respect what I ask them to do no matter what it is.

Do you ladies think I'm being unreasonable?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:50 AM
1 mom liked this
It doesn't matter if you were or not, his son shouldn't be calling you a bitch and get away with it. Ever.
lovelyladybump
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't think that's unreasonable at all.
disneymom2two
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:54 AM

I don't think its reasonable to be totally quiet at 7:30 but slamming doors and yelling is too much.  However, that child should also not be telling you you're a bitch.  He hould have been consequated by his dad for being disrespectful.

shivasgirl
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:54 AM

his ex walked into your house without one of you opening the door and allowing her in?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:56 AM
She didn't but the boys' friends did.

Quoting shivasgirl:

his ex walked into your house without one of you opening the door and allowing her in?

PinkyPan
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:56 AM

I was wondering the same thing.

Quoting shivasgirl:

teri4lance
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:57 AM
1 mom liked this
No the older boys are just learning to act like assholes from their mom. Better work on countering it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shivasgirl
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:58 AM

she would have been told that was unacceptable and they would have all been asked to leave

Quoting Anonymous:

She didn't but the boys' friends did.

Quoting shivasgirl:

smorgan865
by Emerald Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:59 AM
I wouldn't allow the ex to be so comfortable in my home, and thus avoiding all the ruckus.

But no, definitely not unreasonable.
momto3infl
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:01 AM
1 mom liked this

not unreasonable but the baby needs to learn to sleep with noise-I never kept things down or really quite when my kids were little because then they would have sleep issues

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)