Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I filed for divorce yesterday and he doesn't know... *UPDATE* *UPDATE 2*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

I filed for divorce yesterday and my stbxh doesn't know. I was sick of him telling me he wanted to fix things and then not trying so I went down and filed yesterday. I hope they don't serve him at work. We work at the same place and nobody there needs to know our business.

~UPDATE~

So I got my divorce paperwork in the mail today. I filed on Monday and the lady told me that it would take 2 - 3 weeks for my request to waive the filing fees was even looked at so I was really counting on that time since I still have to work with him until the second week in August... Now he is going to get the paperwork most likely today and he has our daughter this weekend... I'm freaking out right now! I called a lawyer to see how much she is for a retainer but I may just end up going it alone. Any advice? I didn't even tell the kids yet because I didn't want our daughter to blab to him that I had already filed the papers. Uggggg!

~UPDATE 2~

So I got a call from him at a few minutes of 10pm. No one at his house had checked the mail yet. He didn't yell or scream or freak out like I was expecting. He said he thought things had been getting better between us over the past few weeks even though they haven't improved in the least. I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure he was crying when we got off the phone...

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
malissaL
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:23 AM

good luck with keeping it quiet at work

vvinkyloafer
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:23 AM
It's early. I'm sure you would have made a more creative story if you'd been awake longer.

Grab a coffee.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Hugs
Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:25 AM

HUGS

GibsonSD92
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Tbh, I'd rather mine be served at work than at home. That would be an ugly altercation... Luckily I'm not divorcing him though so no worries here. :) good luck to you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:26 AM
You can request where or how you want him served.
BannerElkHogans
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:28 AM

thats not something to joke about vvinkyloafer........filing for Divorce is no a fucking joke so stop making fun of this ladys life !!!!  go to Sodahead if you want to be a peckerhead an poke fun at people's lives.........

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:29 AM

My mom did that to my dad. I was there when it happened. It was a bitch move.

SnowWhieQueen
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this

they never wanna fix it till u do something like that then they are all....but i was trying...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:36 AM
We don't live together. The kids and I moved out back in February.

Quoting GibsonSD92:

Tbh, I'd rather mine be served at work than at home. That would be an ugly altercation... Luckily I'm not divorcing him though so no worries here. :) good luck to you!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)