Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My grandma and df think I have a Fractured eye socket??? *long*

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:39 AM
  • 28 Replies
I dont remember exactly when it happened but about 5 or 6 weeks ago I got a black eye it was really bad and took almost 3 weeks for the bruising to go away completely. It was really bad its the only time Ive ever had a black eye so I didnt know if it was weird that it took so long to clear up until my grandma said something to me. But besides that Im in alot of pain in my eye socket/ cheek bone area every time I touch it or the kids kiss me near it or anythin it hurts so bad. My grandma says maybe my eye socket is fractured idk I just know it hurts I dont have insurance to see a dr and df wanted to take me to the hospital when it happened because it was so bad and I couldnt see for like over an hour but I told him its stupid to go to the hospital over something like a black eye. I mean Ive always been so clumsy I trip over everything but Ive never had a black eye or even so much as a fractured bone in my life. Ive sprained my ankle tons of times. Ive had stitches. But this (my eye) hurts its weird.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angelanscalf89
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Ive never had anything like this happen to me before and its just so weird that my eye hurts so badly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angelanscalf89
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:43 AM
I just want to know if this is something I should be worried about...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Jennyanne322
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Hospitals will see you and you can set up a payment plan for the bill. I would get checked out. After that many weeks it should be heeled. How did you get a black eye to begin with? I have had multiple.
TaralynnStewart
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Ouch!!! How did it happen?

I've never had a black eye so I'm no help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angelanscalf89
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Thanks. It doesnt seem likely. maybe its more in my cheek bone area. according to this link it would require alot of force to cause a fracture in the eye socket. Idk. At first I thought maybe my bone was just bruised but I cant figure out why Iv been in pain for so long.

Quoting Anonymous:

I found this.

http://www.drugs.com/health-guide/eye-socket-fracture-fracture-of-the-orbit.html

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:46 AM
It sounds like a fracture to me. You need to get it checked out! If it's indeed a fracture and it splinters, it could cause serious damage.
Jade_Lufercus
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:47 AM

My father had to have surgery to remove the bone fragments from a fractured eye socket. The story was he got hit in the face with a bar stool. 

Like PP have said lots of hospitals set up payment plans.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:48 AM
The bone could just be bruised.
MariannLws
by Mariann on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:48 AM

What does your doctor say? If you haven't seen a doctor go now. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)