Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to start a daycare out of my home.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies
1 mom liked this

I would have to find homes for two of my dogs.  They are not house trained very well and I don't trust them around strangers. We have been talking about finding them homes anyway because we don't exactly fully trust them around our kids.  I would have to do a little bit of remodeling in the basement for extra room.  I don't want to be liscensed because then I couldn't take as many kids.  Not that I want a boat load but I already have 3 of my own and to make this worth it I couldn't just take one more or something.  The daycare we used to use was not liscensed and she charged 2.50 and hour but recently raised it to 3.00 and hour.  

Do any of you have any (nice) suggestions?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:00 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:01 AM

j3st3r
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:02 AM

I wouldn't send my kids to a care provider who wan't licensed.  You may want to rethink that.

Maybe just offer babysitter services to people you know?  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Thank you for your helpful response.  eye rolling

Quoting Anonymous:

AllofFive19
by Emerald Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Craigslist ads for the dogs (why aren't they house trained well?).

Talk to the state for licensing requirements.

slvr115
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:03 AM
I would recommend giving people a weekly rate instead of hourly, unless they don't need care for a full week. I would also suggest shampooing your carpets if you currently have pets that aren't housebroken.
EmilyG10
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:03 AM

How many kids do you want on a daily basis?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:04 AM

That is the thing though.  The girl that we used was not liscensed and she had a bunch of kids and has been doing it for about 16 years.  I don't think that it is a super important thing inour area.  We live in a pretty small town.

Quoting j3st3r:

I wouldn't send my kids to a care provider who wan't licensed.  You may want to rethink that.

Maybe just offer babysitter services to people you know?  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:04 AM
You little sheister... If I knew you were not licensed and asking to take on more kids when you already have 3 would give me a clear indication that your priorities and frame of thought are not in the right place.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:06 AM

You can not take care of your dogs and you want to get rid of them to open a daycare. I do not think you know what you are doing. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)