Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If your 15 year old daughter is pregnant ...and baby daddy wants to move in...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Would let him move in ?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Replies (1471-1480):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 235 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:19 AM

hell no . i would beat his ass . 

BarbaraM97
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:30 AM
I guess I don't see the harm in this .. I was 16 when I got pregnant and I was living with my boyfriends parents. By time my son was 3 months old we had gotten married he enlisted in the military and 3 months later we had our own apartment paying out own bills with out anyone's help. Been married for 7 years this December currently expecting our second child and couldn't be happier
motherofsons27
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:37 AM
I sure would I have 2 boys and only 21 I was a baby haven babies if my mother would of let him move in I would never of ran of to cail with with him I was 16 he was 19 and a marien thought I was better off with him them my mother if my mother would of just let him move in I would of leared he was not the man I wanted and he was not in to the hole haven kids things and left us and its better to learn sooner then later ya its easy when there are apart and doing it but there every day is dirffenet they will learn what they truly want!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
websorceress
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:38 AM

Oh hell no......why? they made a mistake and most likely the relationship will not last........she is too young to start acting like an adult, although she tried to by having sex, it doesn't mean she is........let's face it, her mother will be acting more like a mother to that baby then she will.........they are way too young to play house........and I do not care how mature she looks or acts, inside she is still a child who has a lot to learn........

I have seen these situations and not one has ever worked out. As a matter of fact, a male feels like he is trapped. I know a boy who was in that situation and he wound up shooting his 16 yr old wife.....she died.........your job as a parent is to protect your 'child', not allow them to make a bigger mistake.

seeluxe
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:21 AM

Yes. He would have to help out around the houes and be a positive influence on my daughter and the rest of the family. 

daughteroftruth
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:25 AM

I have no idea.

Walker88
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:27 AM

nope

MorriganzMommy
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm a strong believer that if you want to do a adult act like have sex you better face the consequences like an adult. It's not playing house to have the boyfriend move in. No, it's stepping up and being a father. I would require that they have an income. Even if it's a part time job after school.

I can't believe how many people said no. Where does saying no help this child or your daughter for that matter? How is saying no benefiting anyone. It only makes things harder for everyone. 

If my daughter was to get pregnant before graduating high school it would mean I had to hurry up and teach her all the adult responsibilities. It would be important that I made sure my daughter could stand on her own two feet and hopeful I could instill these same lessons in the boyfriend. The two need to have an idea of what life will be like the second they graduate with a child.

As a mother, I just couldn't fail my daughter like that and as a grandmother I could never damage my grandchild's relationship with his/her father like that.

ocktoberfox
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:58 AM

hahahah....uh no.

MorriganzMommy
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting websorceress:

Oh hell no......why? they made a mistake and most likely the relationship will not last........she is too young to start acting like an adult, although she tried to by having sex, it doesn't mean she is........let's face it, her mother will be acting more like a mother to that baby then she will.........they are way too young to play house........and I do not care how mature she looks or acts, inside she is still a child who has a lot to learn........

I have seen these situations and not one has ever worked out. As a matter of fact, a male feels like he is trapped. I know a boy who was in that situation and he wound up shooting his 16 yr old wife.....she died.........your job as a parent is to protect your 'child', not allow them to make a bigger mistake.

Wow, what a tragic story. 

I, however, have seen many situations like this work out. My friends have a 19 year old daughter together and they are 35. They have another 2 children, a 10 yr old and a 8 yr old. Also another friend of mine had a child at 17 and had 3 more children with him before he passed away with a inherited heart condition at 30. Two of the girls I went to high school with that got pregnant during senior year are all still with the same guy 12 years later. In fact, I don't know anyone that got pregnant young that aren't still together. Odd, must be the geographical difference. Maybe the society were you live is different than mine. I see more divorce by those who married later (late 20s-30s) than those who got married young. Most of my friends that got married after I did (I got married at 21, had my daughter by 23) all have divorced. Its those who have had those long time high school/college sweet hearts that have made it past 30 married. Maybe it's a New England thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)