Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If your 15 year old daughter is pregnant ...and baby daddy wants to move in...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Would let him move in ?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Replies (1481-1490):
Karen130
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:21 AM

I wasnt even pregnant with my daughter yet when my bf ( at the time ) and bby's dad moved in.

But I guess my mom had different reasons for allowing it.

His mom was not capable of taking care of him herself and my mom saw him as a son since we were close friends before we became a couple.

him moving in did play a huge part in my pregnancy but so did lack of communication and envolvement on my moms part in my teenage years.

If it was my daughter off the bat I say No, No, NO!! But I think things change once youre in the situation.

Grumpylilpixy
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I def wouldn't like it, but I think this is what I would do. I have 3 boys. 

Quoting mommy2zbg:

haha well.... if he wants to be part of the childs life then I would... but he would get a job and help out around the house.

I don't have to worry about that right now though. I only have a 4 year old son.

ETA:::: Seems like I might be the only one with this opinion...

I am a friend, a wife,a daughter but the best title I have by far is Mother .

Anonymous
by Anonymous 236 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:38 AM
1 mom liked this
YES I WOULD ALLOW HIM TO MOVE IN...
HE IS THE FATHER AND WANTS TO BE THERE FOR HIS KID THEN IM OK WITH THAT...
THERE WOULD BE SOME RULES TO FOLLOW NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT BUT AT LEAST HE WOULD BE THERE WITH MY DAUGHTER AND GRANDCHILD INSTEAD OF HIM BEING OUT HAVING A NORMAL LIFE WHILE MY DAUGHTER IS STUCK TAKING CARE OF A BABY ALONE....
AND TO THE MOM THAT SAID SHE WOULD PRESS CHARGES FOR STAT RAPE YOU ARE A STUPID BITCH PLEASE SHUT THE FUCK UP AND OPEN YOUR EYES CAUSE YOUR DAUGHTERS ARE NOT PERFECT AND PROBABLY ARE HAVING SEX.... STOP CRYING RAPE CAUSE THAT'S NOT THE CASE HERE!!!
EmmitahCee
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:40 AM
I got pregnant at 14, my mom let my kids father move in. We both finished school and were working. Had my son at 15 then my daughter at 16. I moved out when I was 17. My kids are now 7 & 8, have BOTH parents in their lives, both working. We now own a home, they have tons of pets. Point is, without my moms support and understanding, I wouldn't be where I am today. If my daughter got pregnant at 15 and the guy was a good kid and willing to be there, I'd give him a chance (:
Anonymous
by Anonymous 237 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:41 AM
2 moms liked this
Quoting lnrmom:

First: where I live age of consent is 15. And they won't prosecute with only a years difference in age. Probably because of moms like you. And your selfishness and immense immaturity is showing since your solution to two children making a mistake and getting pregnant is to try and throw one of them in jail, guaranteeing that he will probably not be able to get a job or be there for his child in any way when it sounds like he is trying to do the right thing here. Maybe you should think about the baby in this situation. Because if any one is a victim here it is the baby. Not the daughter. Second: Since we are talking about the original posters question and we don't know where she lives the statutory rape argument seems fairly pointless. And third: I would not be so sure my 16 year old daughters are virgins. My mother had a similar attitude to yours. So I lied. She thought I was a virgin til 18. I lost it at 16 (statistically the most likely age to do so) I hope they are! More power to them! But you should not act so superior since its impossible for you to be 100% certain unless they have been locked up their whole lives and have never left your sight.
lilyismyheart
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:26 AM
No, already getting another mouth to feed... And before you know it, she's pregnant again. Hell no. not even happening.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 238 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:29 AM

baby daddy????  This phrase has always cracked me up.  Just does not flow properly.  lol.

HELL to the NO!

nieecers
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:14 AM
2 moms liked this

First I haven't read all the comments so some of this might have already been answered or brought up.

Personally, if my 15 yr old daughter came to me and said she was pregnant I would be beside myself. Next, if she asked for the father of her child to move in (I can never use the term baby daddy) I would really be peaved. 

I know you said that his parent's found out he got your daughter pregnant and that he is going to be homeless, but have you spoken with his parents about this personally? 

I wouldn't take the word of a 15 yr old. First he is a minor and still under their care. Perhaps they have just over reacted and need time to process what has happened. I think most parents need time to let the fact that their teen is becoming a parent.

If after talking with his parents and he is going to be homeless, after exhausting all his other options (additional family) I might consider it.

First, it would be on a tial period. 

Second, he would have to have a job before moving in. 

Thirdly, he would have to surrender 1/2-3/4 of his pay to me for living expenses, as well as baby supplies. We would most likely have a set amt that would go towards living expenses, ie $250-$300 a month.

Fourth, He wouldn't be sharing a room with my daughter.

Fith, he would have to abide my my curfew and other rules in my house

If I found out he was sleeping in her room or sneaking into her room he would be out. Same with her sneaking into his room. I am not letting you live in my house to play house.

If he failed to support her and his child in anyway, he is out. Again, I don't mind if extreme circumstances cause him to have to live with us, but he must be respectful of my house and rules.

ProudMommy51006
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:26 AM
Nope!
tel4him
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:33 AM

NO!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)