Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My one year old is forward facing

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 63 Replies

Yep I turned my one year around when he was 15 months old. He had learned how to undo the top strap, get his arms out, and started pulling himself out of the seat while I was driving. It was very scary! I always had his straps as tight as they should be (used the "pinch test" to make sure they were not too loose). After the third time it happened we decided to turn him around. I know it is safter to be rear facing but when he is unstrapping himself that is not safe at all. At least now I can keep a constant eye on him and make sure he is strapped in. He is 18 months now and has not even tried to get out of his seat once 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Okay.
V.Dubbya
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:03 AM
You have to do what works best for you.,.
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:03 AM
I think there are some safe solutions to keep them from undoing the chest clip if they're too young to understand they could be hurt.

The Car Seat Safety group could help you trouble shoot solutions.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:05 AM

I turned both of my kids around at 12 months also. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

embrigmom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:07 AM

My 17 month old is forward facing and has been since she turned a year. It's leagel in my state. She out grew her rear facing seat beore she hit 1 and even in a convertable one her poor little legs were cramped against the backseat. WE alaways make she she is properly straped into her seat so she is safe.

I think we all do what is best for our childern. What works for one child does not work for all childen.

Hot_Badonkadonk
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:08 AM

I probably would have done the same in that case.

Currently, my 1 yr old is still rear facing though. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one! We were so glad when we could! Made car rides much more pleasent! DD was screaming when rear facing because her legs were cramp against the backseat. 

Quoting Anonymous:

ashleynoel2121
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:09 AM

i turned both my boys at 12 months

Mommynwife26
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:11 AM
My oldesnt was turned around and at that age and she use to do that. I think its the age. I would stop the car and tell her we couldn't go unless she was buckled. She did it for months it was super annoying. My 3yr old is still rfing and she never attempted it l..well not yet.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)