Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms of more than one child only! (: EDIT

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:13 AM
  • 57 Replies
Hello mamas. (:
I'm ready to begin trying to conceive my second and I need some tips.
I wasn't exactly planning or trying for my first, so I don't know the good tips.

I've read up about how to track my ovulation and everything, but everyone is different so I don't know what I should do.
My periods are decently regular, but not exact. So how can I figure it all out?
Sometimes they are 5 days, sometimes 7, sometimes 4.
They are pretty much the same, but there's always some slight difference every month.

So can anyone give me some tips on what worked best for you.
Also, was conceiving the second easy or did it take a few months?

I need all you got.

We can't wait.

Thanks everyone who responds.

EDIT:::::

I thought I should also add, I've been on the oral bc pill for 4 months and just stopped it yesterday.
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

12 days after the first day of your period is the best time.  It would be more fun to just fuck like rabbits and let it happen though.

MamaRae85
by *you're on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:15 AM

I bought an ovulation kit. You pee on a stick for up to seven days and when it says you're ovulating, you do it. All there is to it! =) I had a definite positive on my first ovulation test, and we conceived that very night. A little TMI, but there you have it. lol

starlight91
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:16 AM
2 moms liked this

Stop planning and worrying about it, just have  fun trying.. Dont put pressure on yourself or him. Pregnancy happens faster when the mentality is , it will happen when it happens.. Just dont use protection.

Pink.Sunshine.
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Yeah it took me over 4 yrs to TTC. I'm the wrong person to ask and still needed help medically.

happymomma13
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:16 AM
When we conceived our daughter, we were fucking like rabbits. I just wanted to be more exact.
But I'll probably just end up doing that. Hahaha.

Quoting thenameshailie:

12 days after the first day of your period is the best time.  It would be more fun to just fuck like rabbits and let it happen though.

Cassidysmom611
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:17 AM

I would buy some over the counter ovulation tests- you can even get them at the dollar store.

Also, keep an eye on cervical mucus, cramps, anything that could be a sign of impending ovulation.

I am no help thought because it took us almost 4 years to conceive our 2nd child. 

Good luck , and baby dust!

redneckmama4
by Loree on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:17 AM
We just did it...a lot!

If you have a noticeable discharge and it gets heavier for a day or two, fertile!!
Greenstone920
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:17 AM

My first one wasn't planned, and my second one took over a year to conceive.  I never expected it to take so long.  It was frustrating at times.  Have you joined the TTC group on here?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Download an ovulation tracker on your phone. I use a period one that also tracks your ovulation called My Days. I love it. Also search around the web, there's a ton of info out there! Google is your friend :)
Melissa_4
by Navy Mom on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Fertilityfriend.com.  Track your periods, daily temps, cervical mucus, etc.  I used it when ttc #3, which took over a year to accomplish.  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)