Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I spank the kids I babysit for ...... and the parents....UPDATE TO CLEAR UP A FEW THINGS

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Would you take your child to a daycare that spanked them?

Options:

Yes

No

You are crazy

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 1046

View Results

Update: I had alot of the same questions so here are a few answers...I am not licensed as I am not required to be in the state I live in...it is only illegal to spank children if you are licensed, I have consulted an attorney. Out of the five children in my care two have been here for three years, two have been here for two years and one has been here a year and a half. I have these children for 50 to 70 hours a week, most weekends, sometimes overnight, and often work 6 to 7 days a week. I got lucky having today off. If these children are going to spend that much time with my family then I am going to treat them like family. I have them when they are sick so their parents dont have to take time off work, I have taken them to appointments, and I take them to do fun things like the movies, swimming, the park, museums, and zoos. Of the five children I have only spanked the two that have been here for three years. The last time I spanked one of them it was two weeks ago and that was actually done because his mother told me to...he threw a metal car at his little brothers head and cut it open. His brother hasnt been spanked in several months. So no I am not an angry violent person who wants to spank small children. I am a person who provides care in an environment where the children are treated as my own are. I attend these kids birthday parties, spend time with them and their families just as they spend time with mine. I know all of the parents fairly well and dont hesitate to call,text, or email them and let them know that their child has acted up and what the punishment has been. We are all working to together to raise happy, healthy, well behaved kids.

know about it and accept it. I run a small inhome daycare. I only accept five children at a time. I cater to those parents that work long hours, have low income, and dont have anyone else to rely on. I have a very low turnover rate and rarely have any openings. I make it very clear in my ad and during the interview that I am a strict disciplinarian who believes in corporal punishment when need, respect of elders, manners, and being kind to others. If the parent that I am interviewing doesnt have the same parenting style as myself then I let them know right away that I dont think it will work out. I dont use spanking for a first time offense or even a second offense and not for every little thing. It has to be something major. I will lay the child across my knees and swat their bottom three times with my hand. I  do not spank any child under the age of two or anyone past the kindergarten age. I have all of the parents sign a release and agreement form for this type of punishment. I let the parents know that I treat their child just as I do my own. I hug them, play with them, cuddle them, comfort them, teach them, and discipline them just as if they were mine. I am very reliable and honest and have never had an issue with a parent in the five years that I have been doing childcare in my home.  I usually have a waiting list a year long and rarely need to advertise due to word of mouth. So would you leave your child in my care?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Replies (591-595):
HelloSweetie
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 6:56 PM

If you spanked my kid I'd spank your face

HelloSweetie
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Not really, I don't hit people, I just wanted to say that lol

Quoting HelloSweetie:

If you spanked my kid I'd spank your face

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 22, 2013 at 9:51 PM

ya cause your child would benefit from you being in jail.

Quoting Anonymous:

Baby, I'm from the ghetto and don't give a damn about the cops and I fight like straight up man, anyone touch my kids, their ass is grass you heard, I have no problem pushing a bitches wig back

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol I doubt it.... 

Quoting Anonymous:

If you spanked my kids, I would beat you to death

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 22, 2013 at 11:40 PM

So let me understand this clearly, I am a masters level clinical therapist working with children and families. I have a professional degree and twenty six years experience and I would leave my two daughters ( both are teenagers now) with a woman who will put them across her knee and spank them and will insist that I sign a release allowing her to do so? What do you think? Here is a suggestion for you, there are HUNDREDS of excellent books, courses and even on line resources that will offer you lots of creative and effective strategies to deal with misbehavior...USE ONE. My guess is that you would never be open for business if your customer base were well educated, middle or upper middle class professional parents who were well informed on child development. They would be horrified by you.

sensual_peaches
by Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 12:02 AM
I tell my sitter to swat my child an she has done so once in two years and I think that she only did it because my child ran out into the street. I think that people act like. Spanking is the worst thing in the world and then wonder why this child is in a store throw in a tantrum, back talking to you and action a damn fool. Now don't get me worn other are plant o idiots that go over board and should b smacked but there are time when a spanning is an appropriate punishment. Most adults have been spanke at some point or another and you grew IP fine get over yourselves. Oh and both my husband an I are college educated adults in a middle to upper class range.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured