Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When did you wean?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:27 AM
  • 4 Replies
My son is almost 10 months old and has been drinking from a sippy since he was 8 months old. He's my first so I don't know all the ropes yet but I was wondering when I should be weaning him off the bottle. He doesn't have one until before he goes to bed and IF necessary, one in the middle of the night. I know I'll have to introduce him to whole milk soon but I have no clue on how to go about all of these. BEFORE I AM BASHED! I could not breast feed because my body did not produce enough milk.
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Any time is fine. I think the sooner the better and it sounds like he is ready. Doctors usually say not to give a bottle past a year old.
sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:30 AM
my first was weaned around 11 months. I slowly introduced the sippy early and only drank from a bottle to sleep until he was around 18 months.

My 9 month old hates sippy cups. He won't even try to drink from a hard to sippy, amd the soft ones he just chews in them lol

bump
JackieGirl007
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Depends on the child. I never worried about them taking a bottle at over a year old. I had 2 kids who wanted nothing to do with sippy cups, EVER. Even as toddlers. Just go with the flow of your baby, don't worry about what anyone else does or says:)

Harmonytmrrw
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:46 PM

He refused a sippy at first because SO was teaching him how to drink from a real cup but after not figuring out how to hold the cup, our son gave up and went for his sippy. Now he carries his sippy everywhere he goes!

Quoting JackieGirl007:

Depends on the child. I never worried about them taking a bottle at over a year old. I had 2 kids who wanted nothing to do with sippy cups, EVER. Even as toddlers. Just go with the flow of your baby, don't worry about what anyone else does or says:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)